Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
astogezz

NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702

It' scheduled for this upcoming weekend. You should have received letter, it will be in 15th street in Manhattan this time. 

List was established at end of June and the first class from it started this Monday. Up to #26

Edited by Snowblock
List #
  • Upvote 1

On 8/22/2018 at 6:45 AM, Snowblock said:

List was established at end of June and the first class from it started this Monday. Up to #26

Where did you get this info? That i know of, the final answer key has not been issued nor any grades sent out, much less a list has been established. I think you're confusing the OA sld exam for the TA.

The list exists and there have already been a couple of classes (permanent, not provisional) off of it. Including one I'm in!

On 12/1/2018 at 12:38 PM, Snowblock said:

The list exists and there have already been a couple of classes (permanent, not provisional) off of it. Including one I'm in!

Are u ta oa or mtab? Do u have tge letter with your list number you can share? Im pretty sure u have your exams mixed up.

I’m hearing they might be canceling the list for there were too many errors  on the questions and I guess they don’t want to give us back so many points but I wonder if there is anything legally that can be done cause it’s unfair to ppl that did well And are u charging $ again for another test.smh it’s a new filing for a ta surface test on their website

Posted (edited)

I called the MTA exams unit yesterday. I asked if they plan on hiring off of 8702. She said of course they do. I all so asked if the test was thrown out would we receive a notification? She said it's not getting thrown out, thats a lie. Another operator all so contacted them and again no word on a cancellation.  As of right now, I have not heard from a reliable source that the test is definitely getting thrown out. Most of the time you hear it from guy/gals who failed so they're hopeful the test gets thrown out. I'm not sure of any legal action we can take. If anyone hears any solid information from a reliable source please lets us know.  

Edited by SPR688

I just find it odd that they put another ta surface dispatcher test up so quickly. And no one has heard anything about test results or how many questions they were giving ha k cause the conscientious is slot of people didn’t do well on the test. And the legal topic was suggested to me by a superintendent cause clearly you would have to provide money back to everyone who took the test on the issue of the test being filled with errors is their mistake

Posted (edited)

I'm all for taking legal action if they want to throw out 8702, but not so much because of the money. It would be unfair for them to throw out 8702 and give a new test. They would be completely skipping over those who legitimately passed 8702 as it stands without any questions being thrown out.  If this happened someone who did worse than me on 8702 would have the possibility of doing better on the new test and being ahead of me when I should be given a chance at promotion first. 

Edited by SPR688