New York City Subway car listing

Calvin

17 minutes ago, VIP said:

Why do they need stickers?? This sounds oddly suspicious. Pics or it ain’t happening. 

Tried to snap a pic from a moving train earlier but take a real close look a those trains.

a91ed84f-7d7f-43d8-a2f8-9e08633640dd-ori

Edited by jon2305

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/7/2018 at 10:57 PM, jon2305 said:

They would replace all the sets that have those purple stickers which they genuinely should since those 62A's don't serve (7) in passenger service anymore. I'm not to sure about the 240th yard red ones since there's a few from the 1900s sets that still have them.

Units: 1917-1920, 1924 and 1926 may be replaced with the green

*1921-3, 5 could be part of it. Too bad it's broken in different areas. 

1 minute ago, VIP said:

I think they’re getting the green stickers because those R62’s may be assigned to the (2) when the Lexington Avenue Line becomes CBTC. 

Not happening in a long-shot. The thing with the (2) train is that the cars it has are shared with the (5) train. They need R142 and R142A cars to switch the signs quickly at Flatbush Avenue (during weekdays), and having not-NTTs on those two lines will delay service and make operations painful. Put R62 and R62As on BOTH OF THOSE LINES, and you just took us back to the Redbird days.

The reason why they are getting green stickers is to denote the cars new assignment to the Lexington Avenue Local-Pelham Local/Express (6)<6> services.

16 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Not happening in a long-shot. The thing with the (2) train is that the cars it has are shared with the (5) train. They need R142 and R142A cars to switch the signs quickly at Flatbush Avenue (during weekdays), and having not-NTTs on those two lines will delay service and make operations painful. Put R62 and R62As on BOTH OF THOSE LINES, and you just took us back to the Redbird days.

The reason why they are getting green stickers is to denote the cars new assignment to the Lexington Avenue Local-Pelham Local/Express (6)<6> services.

So 2475-2471 belongs to westchester officially. That set has the Green stickers. 

1 hour ago, VIP said:

So 2475-2471 belongs to westchester officially. That set has the Green stickers. 

I guess so SMH...

So far the list of green stickers include: R62As (1686-1690)(1701-1705)(1751-1755 Note: 1751 still has only 1 purple left)(1811-1815)(1966-1970)(2006-2010) (2471-2475).

4 hours ago, jon2305 said:

I guess so SMH...

So far the list of green stickers include: R62As (1686-1690)(1701-1705)(1751-1755 Note: 1751 still has only 1 purple left)(1811-1815)(1966-1970)(2006-2010) (2471-2475).

How ironic that they decided that cosmetic work is more important than mechanical maintenance. The sets are getting these stickers faster than inspection at the shop...

On 8/21/2018 at 8:37 PM, JeremiahC99 said:

Also, pointing out that some 5-car sets that were single car units are scrambled with the red /purple stickers. So, the dark green is there to even out the cars in-service at Westchester Yard.   

Edited by Calvin

12 hours ago, VIP said:

How ironic that they decided that cosmetic work is more important than mechanical maintenance. The sets are getting these stickers faster than inspection at the shop...

Exactly. I'm so glad they're focused on these damn yard stickers for cars that never interact with each other. Meanwhile, we're all just roasting here on the (6) trains because the HVAC crapped out again.

3 hours ago, Lance said:

Exactly. I'm so glad they're focused on these damn yard stickers for cars that never interact with each other. Meanwhile, we're all just roasting here on the (6) trains because the HVAC crapped out again.

To be fair putting a sticker on a car is far less work than repairing an HVAC

13 minutes ago, j express said:

I saw both sets on the (G) yesterday. I’m surprised there are still R46s on the (G) tbh

I’m not considering that they used to be the primary fleet on that line. And I know those sets are running, but I still don’t think they’ve officially been transferred.

On 8/21/2018 at 8:27 PM, VIP said:

I think they’re getting the green stickers because those R62’s may be assigned to the (2) when the Lexington Avenue Line becomes CBTC. 

That wouldn’t be for at least another couple of years (2020 or 2021), assuming no delays with funding Fast Forward.

On 8/21/2018 at 8:37 PM, JeremiahC99 said:

If they de-interline Rogers Junction along with putting in CBTC on Lex, then that would no longer be an issue. Because then the (2) and (3) would both have Flatbush as their southern terminal, instead of the (2) and (5) as now. Yes, there will be people who will object to losing their one-seat ride to the East Side if the (5) is moved off Nostrand. But then we’d have fewer delays at Franklin Avenue and they’d be able to have CBTC-compatible equipment on Lex.

3 minutes ago, T to Dyre Avenue said:

If they de-interline Rogers Junction along with putting in CBTC on Lex, then that would no longer be an issue. Because then the (2) and (3) would both have Flatbush as their southern terminal, instead of the (2) and (5) as now. Yes, there will be people who will object to losing their one-seat ride to the East Side if the (5) is moved off Nostrand. But then we’d have fewer delays at Franklin Avenue and they’d be able to have CBTC-compatible equipment on Lex.

That just shifts the sharing of cars from the (2) and (5) to the (2) and (3). You just created another combined strip map. There will never be a pair of lines that share cars but has a single line strip map. That’s why combined strip maps and FIND displays were invented.