Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Calvin

New York City Subway car listing

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, VIP said:

Why do they need stickers?? This sounds oddly suspicious. Pics or it ain’t happening. 

Tried to snap a pic from a moving train earlier but take a real close look a those trains.

a91ed84f-7d7f-43d8-a2f8-9e08633640dd-ori

Edited by jon2305
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2018 at 12:04 AM, MysteriousBtrain said:

Can't really tell but it looks like the set with 1950 has it.

1751-55 from the looks of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2018 at 10:57 PM, jon2305 said:

They would replace all the sets that have those purple stickers which they genuinely should since those 62A's don't serve (7) in passenger service anymore. I'm not to sure about the 240th yard red ones since there's a few from the 1900s sets that still have them.

Units: 1917-1920, 1924 and 1926 may be replaced with the green

 

*1921-3, 5 could be part of it. Too bad it's broken in different areas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jon2305 said:

R62A 1811-1815 new green stickers. They're beginning to arrive people.

Yes, indeed. 1966-70 slapped with an emerald green rectangle, no LED lights yet or updated rollsigns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, the reason they're using the green stickers is because the train are being maintained at East 180th/Unionport. I'm not sure how true this is tho.

Edited by MTA Bus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 12:51 AM, Calvin said:

1751-55 from the looks of it. 

1751 has both purple and green stickers.

However, you are correct about the rest of the set (1752-1755). Those indeed have all green stickers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they’re getting the green stickers because those R62’s may be assigned to the (2) when the Lexington Avenue Line becomes CBTC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VIP said:

I think they’re getting the green stickers because those R62’s may be assigned to the (2) when the Lexington Avenue Line becomes CBTC. 

Not happening in a long-shot. The thing with the (2) train is that the cars it has are shared with the (5) train. They need R142 and R142A cars to switch the signs quickly at Flatbush Avenue (during weekdays), and having not-NTTs on those two lines will delay service and make operations painful. Put R62 and R62As on BOTH OF THOSE LINES, and you just took us back to the Redbird days.

 

The reason why they are getting green stickers is to denote the cars new assignment to the Lexington Avenue Local-Pelham Local/Express (6)<6> services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Not happening in a long-shot. The thing with the (2) train is that the cars it has are shared with the (5) train. They need R142 and R142A cars to switch the signs quickly at Flatbush Avenue (during weekdays), and having not-NTTs on those two lines will delay service and make operations painful. Put R62 and R62As on BOTH OF THOSE LINES, and you just took us back to the Redbird days.

 

The reason why they are getting green stickers is to denote the cars new assignment to the Lexington Avenue Local-Pelham Local/Express (6)<6> services.

So 2475-2471 belongs to westchester officially. That set has the Green stickers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VIP said:

So 2475-2471 belongs to westchester officially. That set has the Green stickers. 

I guess so SMH...

So far the list of green stickers include: R62As (1686-1690)(1701-1705)(1751-1755 Note: 1751 still has only 1 purple left)(1811-1815)(1966-1970)(2006-2010) (2471-2475).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jon2305 said:

I guess so SMH...

So far the list of green stickers include: R62As (1686-1690)(1701-1705)(1751-1755 Note: 1751 still has only 1 purple left)(1811-1815)(1966-1970)(2006-2010) (2471-2475).

How ironic that they decided that cosmetic work is more important than mechanical maintenance. The sets are getting these stickers faster than inspection at the shop...

  • LMAO! 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2018 at 8:37 PM, JeremiahC99 said:

The reason why they are getting green stickers is to denote the cars new assignment to the Lexington Avenue Local-Pelham Local/Express (6)<6> services.

Also, pointing out that some 5-car sets that were single car units are scrambled with the red /purple stickers. So, the dark green is there to even out the cars in-service at Westchester Yard.   

Edited by Calvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, VIP said:

How ironic that they decided that cosmetic work is more important than mechanical maintenance. The sets are getting these stickers faster than inspection at the shop...

Exactly. I'm so glad they're focused on these damn yard stickers for cars that never interact with each other. Meanwhile, we're all just roasting here on the (6) trains because the HVAC crapped out again.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lance said:

Exactly. I'm so glad they're focused on these damn yard stickers for cars that never interact with each other. Meanwhile, we're all just roasting here on the (6) trains because the HVAC crapped out again.

To be fair putting a sticker on a car is far less work than repairing an HVAC

  • LMAO! 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

I don’t think those are transfers just yet.

I saw both sets on the (G) yesterday. I’m surprised there are still R46s on the (G) tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, j express said:

I saw both sets on the (G) yesterday. I’m surprised there are still R46s on the (G) tbh

I’m not considering that they used to be the primary fleet on that line. And I know those sets are running, but I still don’t think they’ve officially been transferred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2018 at 8:27 PM, VIP said:

I think they’re getting the green stickers because those R62’s may be assigned to the (2) when the Lexington Avenue Line becomes CBTC. 

That wouldn’t be for at least another couple of years (2020 or 2021), assuming no delays with funding Fast Forward.

On 8/21/2018 at 8:37 PM, JeremiahC99 said:

Not happening in a long-shot. The thing with the (2) train is that the cars it has are shared with the (5) train. They need R142 and R142A cars to switch the signs quickly at Flatbush Avenue (during weekdays), and having not-NTTs on those two lines will delay service and make operations painful. Put R62 and R62As on BOTH OF THOSE LINES, and you just took us back to the Redbird days.

 

The reason why they are getting green stickers is to denote the cars new assignment to the Lexington Avenue Local-Pelham Local/Express (6)<6> services.

If they de-interline Rogers Junction along with putting in CBTC on Lex, then that would no longer be an issue. Because then the (2) and (3) would both have Flatbush as their southern terminal, instead of the (2) and (5) as now. Yes, there will be people who will object to losing their one-seat ride to the East Side if the (5) is moved off Nostrand. But then we’d have fewer delays at Franklin Avenue and they’d be able to have CBTC-compatible equipment on Lex.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T to Dyre Avenue said:

If they de-interline Rogers Junction along with putting in CBTC on Lex, then that would no longer be an issue. Because then the (2) and (3) would both have Flatbush as their southern terminal, instead of the (2) and (5) as now. Yes, there will be people who will object to losing their one-seat ride to the East Side if the (5) is moved off Nostrand. But then we’d have fewer delays at Franklin Avenue and they’d be able to have CBTC-compatible equipment on Lex.

That just shifts the sharing of cars from the (2) and (5) to the (2) and (3). You just created another combined strip map. There will never be a pair of lines that share cars but has a single line strip map. That’s why combined strip maps and FIND displays were invented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the problem with that is...?

Shifting gears, for those interested, 1811-15 are now eqipped with the Lexington Ave yard markers. The cars also have the refresh upgrades except for the split standee poles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.