What do you do in life

mark1447

My turn...

I work in the information technology field doing administrative services, system analysis, consulting and management. I am a webmaster, administrator and developer for an Engineering, Architectural & Construction internet plan room.

I'm also a webmaster/administrator for a Transit based discussion message board. :)

So your an IT professional? Cool

do you own a business of tech :)

As for me, I work at Staples and I have been there for over 4 years. I am currently trying to get a new job.

Outside of work, I am a huge baseball and football (not college) fan. I also like to research some baseball stats. Some people call me "The Charles Sports Bureau". I happen to know of a website which tells you which NFL games each city of the USA gets: http://www.the506.com/nflmaps

I also know how to get to most places by car without using a GPS and I am a "road enthusiast" as well. I also play the piano and I have perfect pitch too.

What do you do in life, besides Train , bus and Transportaion related issues (Unless u are like FOARMER like subGuy says, then uhhhh nvm ...:Dlol)... And Besides rail fanning......

I'm a graduate student in Biomedical Engineering... the majority of my time is spent in doing research in the field of targeted drug delivery.

I don't actually spend much time on pure railfanning... I take the subway every (week)day (and sometimes weekends too!) to go to the lab, and take it every Saturday (and some Sundays!) to get around town, do grocery shopping, and run errands. That usually about satiates my drive to ride the subway! I've really only made one pure railfanning trip; that trip involved a short excursion down to Ashmont Station to take a pleasant, quick round-trip ride on the Ashmont-Mattapan High Speed Line, which I really didn't have any need to ride otherwise.

Im in high school. After i graduate from college, im going to be a pilot for jetblue. I know all aircraft models by heart since im into planes, yet i like transit and i also want to be a T/O. I like to eat, draw, play video games, write poems, and i like music, especially reggaeton, Daddy Yankee, my man, not like i love him since im a guy, but my favorite.

Distinction%20Shot%20Glass.jpg

I thought you were guy who emptied these.:D

Haha! No, I'm a teetotaler now but I used to drink a bit :P

Fred, Im in class right now hysterical laughing man! Manure Salesman! For real?:D:D:D

Sure, Z, I was just selling a line of manure in my post :D;)

I've been known to do that on occasion :(

Except I never get paid to... :(

I never got paid either :D

I help with Japanese Hightour Tours at Metropolitan Museum of Art, and help lost people around the museum, subway.

At every december, I am invited to perform at FDNY X-mas Family Party at El Barrio Bravest (Engine 53/Ladder 43), Yorkville (Engine 22/Ladder 13/Battalion 10), Upper East Side Kido (Engine 44) and Engine 39/Ladder 16 at 67th St.

I perform Christomas Carol songs and dance out the scene.

I also response to help when firefighter dress in Santa Claus shut down the street, directly traffic to other street.

One time during the August 2003 blackout (correct me), I help direct traffic at T-intersection at East End Av & 79th St.

I also like to type stories, dreams, take photograph and videos.

I also like to eat, dance, sing, watch scary movies.

I enjoy reading all kind R.L. Stine's suspense book like Fear Street, Ghost of Fear Street, Goosebumps.

I also like to read any mystery books (don't care if it girl's book like Nancy Drew or Babysisters Club mystery, etc.)

Everyime I go on new bus route or explore other transit system, I virtually their bus routes on Google Map to see what bus route buses use, so I wouldn't get lost.

When I was staying in Akron, OH from December 18th, 2007 to March 17th, 2008, I virtual all SEPTA Bus/Trolley bus routes!!

I graduated from High School for Environmental Studies long time ago, but I go there to assist Recycling Club, well as assist with Teen Advisory Group meeting at New York Public Library at 96th St.

I forgot to tell you guys that I was visiting sort of relatives in Akron, OH from Dec. 18th, 2007 to March 17th- St. Patrick's Day. I meant if you guys saw my YouTube video.

That from 67th St Firehouse, (7) LCD, Bryant Park, X-mas Family Party, Akron Metro, Fairlawn Fire, Akron Metro Bus Stop are done from inside car/truck using one TIME CVS.

For my real hobby, I want somebody to be my partner for AMAZING RACE!!

I used to hate Peanut-Butter Sandwitch, but now after I had few days ago, I finally face my fear of Peanut Butter and I finally ate this.

On my spare time from closing doors I am a gamer I play World of Warcraft with my sister and friends. I also watch sports Hockey and Football my favorites and I watch wrestling and MMA.

You should get a laptop and play some WoW between stops :rolleyes: Gotta maximize that monthly fee!

On my spare time from closing doors I am a gamer I play World of Warcraft with my sister and friends. I also watch sports Hockey and Football my favorites and I watch wrestling and MMA.

A hockey fan!?!?!? There are more of us out there??? :) Rangers/Devils/Islanders?

I'm Rangers all the way :)

Je suis désolé Emmanuel, mais si un superviseur voyait que je donnais un non-employé l'accès dans la loge, essentiellement je serais limogé sur le coup. Donc c'est hors de question.

For the others:

Sorry Emmanuel, but if a supervisor sees that I'm giving a non-employee cab access, I would essentially be fired on the spot.

I really like your choice of words. :)

Mais dans la nuit? Il n'y a pas beaucoup de superviseurs. Travail tu dans la nuit?

I really like your choice of words. :)

Mais dans la nuit? Il n'y a pas beaucoup de superviseurs. Travail tu dans la nuit?

Moi ? Jamais ! Je travaille toujours pendant la journée.

In other words:

Me? Never! I always work days. But even if I worked the graveyard shift, I would still deny the request.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

What I do is I am a computer technician. I do PC repairs at the community college. I think next semester I will be "laid off" due to the "Budget". Also work in a department and it is customer service releated and I have to answer phones and some clercial work. What I do is I get up the "lastest" technology in computers. I have a A+ certifcation already. I also like trains and subways when I was little. When I was a kid that was my dream to be a subway conductor or a subway driver (train operator). I have seen in these forms that people don't want to work in the MTA.

Is that true that I read in the forms that people in the MTA does not like people who like trains or want to be a subway driver or a subway conductor? Too me that is very odd because the MTA should be happy that people as kids like me want to be a subway condcutor or a train driver and when you grow up you are going into the MTA.

As for me I will take my jon serious and not playing around. I don't understand why people "play around" on jobs. Too me that is stupid. A job is a job. Jobs are not for playing around. I took the condcutor exam on Dec 6th and I hope I pass. I hope when they call me for the Interview and I pass and the med exam and go to school car and meet all of you and we can be friends. I also speak Chinese (Cantonese) and English.

Mike

I'm interested in aviation. After high school, I'm planning on goin to the Air Force Academy to train for the Air Force. After that, I serve 4 years in the Air Force. When I'm dismissed, I'm going to apply for a job as a pilot for some airline. (Which is basically automatic since I have the experience coming out of the Air Force)

In the meanwhile, I'm an -anything- computer guy. I fix, build, network, and do all kinds of things relating to computers. Other than that, I mod video game consoles, and do website design/hosting every once in a while.

Okay, I'm a junior at Bronx Science and I enjoy spending time with Janet. I'm planning to become a cardiologist one day, and during my free time I would usually go here, Facebook or watch the stocks. For sports, I play badminton, football (what you guys would call soccer), basketballm, Chinese handball and volleyball. I enjoy playing Chinese poker as well.

I speak English, Cantonese, Mandarin as well as...FRANCAIS!

R1Toasty, ZMan, Backline: j'apprends francais! Nous avons une monde petite des francophones ici! (In case if people are afraid of a French takeover of NYCTF, here is a translation: I take French! We have a small world of French speakers here!)

Since I am from Hong Kong, I am used to writing with British spelling.

I am a college student, currently majoring in Computer Information Systems at New York City College of Technology, though will be transferring next fall, probably to John Jay since I want to help America's Most Wanted get the bad guys off the street. Besides the New York City Subway, I enjoy short stories and poems, baseball and all of its variations, science and technology, and women, both straight and lesbians.

Okay, I am in school, of course and hopefully get into a good high school. I'm still in 8th Grade. I am recongnized for my academics and baseball in my school. I speak Spanish, Chinese, English (lol, of course), a little Russian and Italian. I play baseball and love the Yankees and NY Giants. I hope to be the next Derek Jeter.

Guest Charles

Well, how do we start here. I'm Charles, (Captain Obvious here) and I'm a 9th grader at Hunter College High School. When I grow up, I hope to either serve in the US Navy or do something in the field of forensics. I've been fascinated by battleships and lab equipment since I was little.

I hope to get into college and in my free time I like to do sports. I'm on the school's track and baseball team and I was on the swimming and basketball teams. I am a Mets fan and a lifelong Bills fan. Other than that, I enjoy watching grass grow, watching paint dry, and working as a professional human being.

Archived