6 train being a rookie line

klsnyc

I'ma just copy and paste my answer again!

Well..... Here are some reasons the  maybe considered a "rookie line"

1. YOU ON THAT TRAIN FOR 2 HOURS +! Ive done trips on that line and I've been on that train for 3 hours on one round trip! You don't get off the train! You leave Pelham, go to Brooklyn Bridge and back to Pelham. No Rest!

2. There is not a lot of Money on that line! A lot of 3 trippers for just 8 hours. 

The senior guys pick where the money is at! Now if they put money runs on the (6) and took money off the (5) , Then the(5) would be considered a rookie line because there no money on that line... Any Line can be a rookie line at any given time. It just depends on how TA sets up the schedule for us.. 

* Me personally i used to hate working the (6) but now ill take that vs working the (2) 

1 hour ago, Eric B said:

Probably something a lot of people don't like because it is three long loop trips, with no break or relief on the other end. 

Yup! Thats pretty much the answer!

The only time i like the (6) is when i Took it out of the yard, Went in service at parkchester. Did one round trip to parkchester. Then Deadhead to 138 and my last 2 trips was from 138 to The bridge and back!.. Sweet Job!

44 minutes ago, Shondrae said:

I'm just copy and paste my answer again!

1. YOU ON THAT TRAIN FOR 2 HOURS +! Ive don't trips on that line and I've been on that train for 3 hours on one round trip! You don't get off the train! You leave Pelham, go to Brooklyn Bridge and back to Pelham. No Rest!

2. There is not a lot of Money on that line! A lot of 3 trippers for just 8 hours. 

The senior guys pick where the money is at! Now if they put money runs on the  and took money off the (5) , Then the  would be a rookie line because there no money on that line... Any Line can be a rookie line at any given time. It just depends on how TA sets up the schedule for us.. 

* Me personally i used to hate working the (6) but now ill take that vs working the (2) 

So when the City Hall loop is completed, and the train sits at Brooklyn Bridge for those 2-5 minutes, the same downtown crew runs the train uptown?

I thought that only happened on the (1) when it used the South Ferry loop.

6 minutes ago, Deucey said:

So when the City Hall loop is completed, and the train sits at Brooklyn Bridge for those 2-5 minutes, the same downtown crew runs the train uptown?

Yes! We don't get off that train!

39 minutes ago, N6 Limited said:

OMG what happens when there are delays and reroutings?

Nothing!! I been a 6 and was sent to Utica before.

The switchmen will relay the train. Ill have about 5-10 minutes to do what i need to do before they bring that train is downstairs. I STILL HAVE TO TAKE THAT TRAIN BACK!

Delays! Forget it.. the (6) is notorious for backing up between 42 and Brooklyn Bridge! sometime even further back.The conga line is real!. It took me 2 hours to get to Brooklyn bridge one time so they ran me back to Pelham express in manhattan. Shit happens. 

3 hours ago, Deucey said:

Not trying to go off-topic to this post, but this happens with the (5) as well to Bowling Green. It sometimes stays at the loop or goes back up after it leaves the Brooklyn-platform. 

14 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Not trying to go off-topic to this post, but this happens with the (5) as well to Bowling Green. It sometimes stays at the loop or goes back up after it leaves the Brooklyn-platform. 

So (5) changes crews at Flatbush but uses the same crew if it turns back at Bowling Green?

24 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Correct! i had this one AM job where i started at 180th and ended at bowling Green and sat in the Loop for 45 Minutes before i head back to 180th..

10 hours ago, klsnyc said:

and why do ppl pick to work the 6?

Let me answer that question too! Sometimes you have no choice to Pick but the Pick the (6). ALL JOBS MUST BE PICKED! if you at the bottom of the list and there are nothing but (6) trips left, you better pick the best run that fits you!

i

6 hours ago, Shondrae said:

I'ma just copy and paste my answer again!

1. YOU ON THAT TRAIN FOR 2 HOURS +! Ive done trips on that line and I've been on that train for 3 hours on one round trip! You don't get off the train! You leave Pelham, go to Brooklyn Bridge and back to Pelham. No Rest!

The senior guys pick where the money is at! Now if they put money runs on the (6) and took money off the (5) , Then the(5) would be considered a rookie line because there no money on that line... Any Line can be a rookie line at any given time. It just depends on how TA sets up the schedule for us.. 

Could you desribe what a money run is? Like do crews get paid more for getting their train in the yard and entering service at the terminal or something?

And man that sounds brutal being on the train for 2+ hours. I feel for the conductors having to deal with the crowds and the fact that the 6 is local in Manhattan and the stations are close together so there's really no 'downtime'. 

4 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Could you desribe what a money run is? Like do crews get paid more for getting their train in the yard and entering service at the terminal or something?

And man that sounds brutal being on the train for 2+ hours. I feel for the conductors having to deal with the crowds and the fact that the 6 is local in Manhattan and the stations are close together so there's really no 'downtime'. 

anything over 8 hours!

conductors down time is in between the stations

T/O downtime is in the station

1 hour ago, I Run Trains said:

anything over 8 hours!

conductors down time is in between the stations

T/O downtime is in the station

Kinda explains why people kept finding bottles full of urine at stations on the Astoria Line a few years ago...

2 hours ago, Deucey said:

Kinda explains why people kept finding bottles full of urine at stations on the Astoria Line a few years ago...

Hey, why do you think so many cars are stained to death right under/behind the cab windows? The breeze'll catch...

Archived