Preliminary XD40 Assignments

The Real

42 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

I had bus #7483 for 4 days straight..... feels so good to operate a bus thats pretty much still in new condition. I’m guessing since FB will be receiving 48 of the new buses out of the 7480’s - 78’s batches, most likeky since we have 7483 already i guess 7484 and so on will go to FB. 

Apparently 7484 is at Jamaica, and that's likely going to stay there unless something really strange happens.

Glad that bus really drives smooth. It's being reported that FB is supposed to get the 7700 series. Do remember, the last deliveries didn't come in order. It's gonna be the same with this batch. 

12 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Apparently 7484 is at Jamaica, and that's likely going to stay there unless something really strange happens.

Glad that bus really drives smooth. It's being reported that FB is supposed to get the 7700 series. Do remember, the last deliveries didn't come in order. It's gonna be the same with this batch. 

Was 7484 in its new color schme?

when we do get 48 of the new buses, they will be heading to the sbs46, the current buses on the sbs46 will be unwrapped and thrown to the other regular buses services route at FB. I’ m guessing since we’re getting 48, some rts will probably have to go bye bye......

RTS are fast and etc, but many passengers hates boarding them nowadays.... So hopefully they’ll be gone as 48 the new buses comes in

5 hours ago, DueceDrives said:

when we do get 48 of the new buses, they will be heading to the sbs46, the current buses on the sbs46 will be unwrapped and thrown to the other regular buses services route at FB. I’ m guessing since we’re getting 48, some rts will probably have to go bye bye......

RTS are fast and etc, but many passengers hates boarding them nowadays.... So hopefully they’ll be gone as 48 the new buses comes in

I don’t like the RTS now. A lot of problems when I ride them. I guess they lived well past their useful years. The XD40s I like personally. I’m 6’3 and the very back seats are the most comfortable to me. My knee caps don’t touch the seats. 

The RTS were great, but are starting to show wear. A handful of Brooklyn units are starting to develop cracks on their frames, specifically the back, but 96 units are still around. I'm hoping they are gone by the 275 Electric order, but I know it'll be a pain when they disappear completely.

7 hours ago, DueceDrives said:

Yes it is.

7 hours ago, DueceDrives said:

but many passengers hates boarding them nowadays.... So hopefully they’ll be gone as 48 the new buses comes in

Oh yeah that's a guarantee. As mich as I like the RTS, it's always a bit painful to watch the elderly or even young people with those push-carts struggling up the steps.

8 hours ago, DueceDrives said:

Yes, I did observe 7484 with the new color scheme and also it's on the TTMG website. Also, yes those 48 that's coming in will be for the SBS.  

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2018 at 6:59 PM, EastFlatbushLarry said:

So, the natural assumption (not trying to jump the gun here) would be that any remaining Orion VII CNG's in the system will be renumbered down the line to accommodate the XD's taking those fleet numbers? 

No, all Orion VII CNGs will go. They are being replaced by: 

NF XD60s 1016-1071

the converted XD40s from SBS & 

NF C40s that will be transferring to WF once JG gets their share of the XN60s

7 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

NF XD60s 1016-1071

this question was answered months ago. the original post date was JANUARY. @EastNewYorkaddressed me with an adequate response back then. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2018 at 9:55 AM, MysteriousBtrain said:

The RTS were great, but are starting to show wear. A handful of Brooklyn units are starting to develop cracks on their frames, specifically the back, but 96 units are still around. I'm hoping they are gone by the 275 Electric order, but I know it'll be a pain when they disappear completely.

It’s the bulkheads that are developing cracks, not the frames. The frames are stainless steel and can essentially last forever. Sorry I missed this.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:37 PM, FLX9304 said:

NF XD60s 1016-1071

In addition to what Larry said, with the exception of the XD40’s, your information is not accurate. 1000-1109 are replacing the Orions. WF is set to get more XN’s than C40’s from JG.

Archived