New NYC Transit president Andy Byford takes subway to work

Via Garibaldi 8

2 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

Prendergast, like anyone else, decides which mode to use depending on what is the quickest and what makes the most sense. If he had to travel from 2 Broadway to Grand Central, he most certainly should have used the subway. Do you have any evidence that he did not? I recall him stating that you had to sometimes miss up to four trains on the Lex because of overcrowding before being able to get on. 

But if he had a meeting at 207 Street, followed by one in Coney Island and another in Jamaica Yards, it would not make sense for him to use the train. His time is valuable and what he would be able to accomplish in the subway versus being in a car is minimal. I am sure Byford will also feature using a company car for such trips and will not get using the subways and buses for all trips. 

I am not asking you to give Prendergast the benefit of the doubt for anything. You know I have often been critical of the MTA. And yes, results are most important, but as Trainmaster 5 said, it takes more than one person. Byford must surround himself with capable individuals as well as being able to persuade those above him to his points of view if he is to be successful. He must also be smart enough not to accept the lies that his underlings will most certainly try to tell him. 

Well to be frank with you, if he was really a user of the system, he would've said so.  I mean let's think about mayors and other leaders of this city.  They've all come out and said how much they use the system or don't.  We had Bloomberg who flat out said that he used the subway, and we saw him on the subway, not just for photo ops either (obviously not for everything but he continued to use it as mayor).  De Blasio admitted to using cars more than the subway as mayor, and Byford has made it clear that he doesn't own a car and never has.  Now I've seen several elected officials and (MTA) board members using the system (Metro-North), but not the subway.  We know that Lhota uses the subway, and he's admitted to that.  Prendergast... I haven't heard anything about him using the system regularly.   

17 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

You think that by ridiculing others that disagree with your liberal point of view that somehow that makes you sound better. Very funny.

Why is not ridiculing others' appearance and weight a "liberal point of view" as opposed to just not being a jerk?

5 minutes ago, Italianstallion said:

Why is not ridiculing others' appearance and weight a "liberal point of view" as opposed to just not being a jerk?

Because on here, there's a double standard that's why and it's political. You have members here who use "insulting" language and admit it, but get a pass.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  If my insults are so horrible, fine, call me out, but the standards shouldn't only apply to select members.  Besides you and maybe BrooklynBus, the rest of the members that are so offended are just crying wolf, and have a personal agenda.

• Harry locked this topic

Archived