Long island bus getting new buses anytime soon?

BJC

i would like MTA New York City Transit to swallow MTA Bus, but if its the other way around...

let's just say nobody will be happy with the results.

There has been clamoring from good-government groups to merge it all into one brand. And if WCDOT gets merged into the MTA's bus system---you can bet that there will be mergers of WCDOT routes and existing MTA lines.

• 1 month later...

I know i'm like 2 months late on this topic, but I think that LIB, WCDOT, and Bee-Line should be merged into MTA Bus, and all the ex-private lines, except for Yonkers Depot (because it's not in the city) should be merged into NYCT. But I don't think MTAB should take over NYCB. But if they do, I hope the buses keep the NYC Bus titles.

I know i'm like 2 months late on this topic, but I think that LIB, WCDOT, and Bee-Line should be merged into MTA Bus, and all the ex-private lines, except for Yonkers Depot (because it's not in the city) should be merged into NYCT. But I don't think MTAB should take over NYCB. But if they do, I hope the buses keep the NYC Bus titles.

1. Bee-Line is WCDOT.

2. When the merge happens, it most likely will be under one umbrella, and will not have two different names. MTA Bus would most likely be it. There would be no borders either. The then ex-Bee-Line 1 (C, T, and W), 2, 3, 4, 20, 21, 60, 61, etc... would pickup and drop off in the Bronx. The Bx7, Bx10, Bx9, Bx31, Bx34, etc could go into downtown or Cross County in Yonkers. Some routes would go into downtown Mt. Vernon, and downtown New Rochelle. LIB would do pick-up and drop off in Queens. Everything would become streamlined.

3. There is no more distinctive dispatchers for MTA Bus, NYCTA, MaBSTOA. Their new contracts have a clause, that states they will work with any MTA Bus agency. So that means they won't have a MTA Bus dispatcher, tallying MTA Buses/routes, and on the same corner have a TA dispatcher tallying, TA buses/routes. One will do both. If a MTA local Bus runs out of transfers, a TA, or OA dispatcher, have to provide and put in transfers, if they are closest. Right now TA, and OA does this with transfers, or accidents. At West Farms if a Q44 needs transfers, the MaBSTOA dispatcher there puts them in the Farebox. If an accident happens with a Q44 in front of the dispatcher there, they have to do the report.

First, get to know how Long Island Bus service can be. It can be extremely bad sometimes and many ppl are fed up with it.

And actually, with MTA Bus taking over some of the privates, many lines needed the help and for some privates, the MTA stepped in at the right moment.

oh my god no kidding. Try waiting for a N22/24 bus at roosevelt field mall going jamaica bound, you see alot of hicksville and I think Franklin Square buses, but for a jamaica bound bus, average wait on a hot summer day or a cold winter day is about 25-30 mins on weekends ! And sometimes the bus comes almost at the 45 min mark. That sucks !!

oh my god no kidding. Try waiting for a N22/24 bus at roosevelt field mall going jamaica bound, you see alot of hicksville and I think Franklin Square buses, but for a jamaica bound bus, average wait on a hot summer day or a cold winter day is about 25-30 mins on weekends ! And sometimes the bus comes almost at the 45 min mark. That sucks !!

Better than some of Bee-Lines long routes. Route 14 is an hour wait during the rush hour.

Ugh, don't get me started on bad bus service and waits, especially during the rush.

But that Route 14 wait during the rush is really bad.

1 hr. When I had worked at RYE Playland, on Sundays I had to take the 25 to the 20. Easy part. Then wait in the White Plains Trans. Center for 45 minutes for the 13 bus. Got to Portchester and waited 1 hr for the 76 bus. Then people in NYC have the nerve to complain about 4 buses coming in together, ome of which are 15 minutes late. Their lucky for a 15 minute wait, then get 4 buses. We wait 20 minutes during the rush for the 20 or 2 going the full length of the line.

Archived