New NYC Transit chief Andy Byford vows blueprint to fix struggling MTA bus service

Via Garibaldi 8

On 1/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, Future ENY OP said:

I could see 1 or 2 more corridors in the city that can use a Fulton Mall type bus only thruway. 

1) Fordham Plaza from Jerome Avenue to Southern Boulevard 

2) Jamaica Center area would be the 2nd. 

However, you are dealing with an stubborn Polly Trottenberg and those DOT cronies who to me don't know how to manage the critical issues of this city in regards to transportation. 

I would add Flushing, Main st and Roosevelt ave

On 1/26/2018 at 5:36 PM, checkmatechamp13 said:

No, he is referring to the minor service reductions that will take effect in April 2018.

In June 2010, the MTA implemented a minor span reduction to the M22. (Other cuts that have been proposed at different times were the elimination of weekend service, and the elimination of service west of City Hall). 

can you list me the minor reductions that is to take place in April?

3 hours ago, LGA Link N train said:

That place REALLY needs to have a Fulton Style bus hub. But construction would be HELL. You'd have to find a way for All of the business to chip in. You'd have to expand the building, clean out the Elevated structure that the (7) uses. Expand the (E)(F)(M)(R) mezzinane find lanes for cars to go by, it's a lot to think about for that area.

I actually meant Roosevelt Avenue in & around Main Street... But, I can definitely see where the immediate area around 74-Broadway may need a bus priority/bus only setup

Archived