2028 subway map

EphraimB

58 minutes ago, EphraimB said:

I need this extension. I can't stand this 20 minute walk to the train station, especially in the frigid cold.

Well, then either contact a local politician to improve mobility to the station (it will have to be bus service), or move near the train. 

You may want an extension, but that doesn't justify extending service just to cater to you. I'm sure a lot of people would like a subway within a block or so from their house, but it isn't feasible. I wish I didn't have to walk hills, bridges and staircases to get to the nearest train station, but that sometimes is a part of my commute, especially since now all the bus service where I live is crappy 

Also, I'm pretty sure your neighbors would not agree with your sentiments on a train line right there, especially considering the part of Far Rockaway you live in.

Did Cortlandt get destroyed again or something? I know the (MTA) is as slow as drunk gimp snails, but they're not that slow. As for the SAS, I won't say you're wrong, but rather that it would be depressing if it turns out to be true. Also, the (Z) train still existing in 2028? LMAO

2 hours ago, EphraimB said:

I need this extension. I can't stand this 20 minute walk to the train station, especially in the frigid cold.

I need them to build a rail tunnel between South Ferry and St George so I don’t have to deal with tourists ruining the SI ferry, but it won’t get done.

What you can do that’ll improve your lot is nag (MTA) constantly about how bad bus service is to the train, and get others to do the same so they either make the headways better, time departures and arrivals to meet the train, or create a shuttle between where you live and the train. Although for the latter, you and your neighbors would have to ride it, while the former will be dependent on people doing their job.

An easy/lazy way for the former: send screenshots of BusTime and the schedule to @nyctbus on Twitter constantly so the customer service team and the internet see it and possibly pass it up to the schedulers and dispatchers.

Patterns and trends with complaints tend to motivate changes in your favor.

1 hour ago, Deucey said:

I need them to build a rail tunnel between South Ferry and St George so I don’t have to deal with tourists ruining the SI ferry, but it won’t get done.

It won't get done, but mostly because a direct tunnel would be like ten miles long and cost billions of dollars that we don't have. Location, location, location.

1 hour ago, EphraimB said:

So if it's not possible to extend the A line to Reads Lane, then maybe they should build a Far Rockaway light rail.

In all honesty, ridership in the Rockaways is so low that they should terminate all (A) service at Howard Beach and convert the rest of it to an AirTrain-style automated light rail system.

7 hours ago, EphraimB said:

There's other alternatives besides just extending the train (like improving the bus service within the Rockaways.

4 hours ago, EphraimB said:

So if it's not possible to extend the A line to Reads Lane, then maybe they should build a Far Rockaway light rail.

Not sure how that would be so much better and faster than improving the bus service.

Perhaps the Q22/113/114 should be restructured so that the Q113/114 runs straight down Beach 19th/20th Street, while the Q22 heads out to Beach 9th Street (Also, I would extend some/all trips to the old Q22A Bayswater terminal). The Q22 is shorter than the Q113/114 (so it should be more reliable). Also, if the Q22 does need to be short-turned, it can be done at Beach 116th Street when necessary to maintain even spacing on the eastern end of the peninsula, whereas if you short-turn the Q113/114 anywhere short of Jamaica, you screw over way too many riders).

The other advantage is that you can take a bus to Far Rockaway, or to Beach 36th Street, depending on which bus in which direction comes first (and the same thing heading outbound: If you're on the (A) you can see if it's better to catch a bus at Far Rockaway or Beach 36th Street). 

Quite frankly, I'm surprised at the constructive replies in this thread....  That (A) extension is all I needed to see, any other proposal on that map of his I rendered irrelevant after the fact.... Had this have been one of the youngsters on here, or somebody like Vtrain, Wallyhorse, or that goofball Frederick Wells, he would have been torn to shreds on here.... Here we have this character professing that his justification for an extension of a subway line... proximate to his house... being that he can't stand a 20 minute walk... Consider what enclave of what pocket of the city this dude resides in.... Are you kidding me? How Sway?

You read all of the posts on this forum that constitutes some flustering commute, but you don't get folks on here proposing that bus routes/subway lines ending where they live at... How did BM5 guess that his neighbors would disapprove of such an extension? If it's surprising to this guy that sanity awe-strikes him, then it's a clear indication of just what the heck we're dealing with there....

Every single person should not only be laughing their asses off, but straight up offended.....

12 hours ago, bobtehpanda said:

It won't get done, but mostly because a direct tunnel would be like ten miles long and cost billions of dollars that we don't have. Location, location, location.

In all honesty, ridership in the Rockaways is so low that they should terminate all (A) service at Howard Beach and convert the rest of it to an AirTrain-style automated light rail system.

So low? I went on the (A) train back to Far Rockaway during rush hour and the train was crowded all the way to Far Rockaway - Mott Av.

20 minutes ago, EphraimB said:

So low? I went on the (A) train back to Far Rockaway during rush hour and the train was crowded all the way to Far Rockaway - Mott Av.

Far Rockaway - Mott Av is the busiest station on the peninsula and is only rank 299 out of 422.

Beach 25 - #397

Beach 36 - #416

Beach 44 - #418

Beach 60 - #384

Beach 67 - #379

Beach 90 - #414

Beach 98 - #419

Beach 105 - #420

Rockaway Park - Beach 116 - #417

The Rockaways scrapes the bottom of the barrel when it comes to subway ridership. Had the line not already existed and been bought on the cheap, it would've never been built.

30 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

But that means riders coming from the peninsula won't have a one-seat ride to Manhattan. People will throw a fit if you got rid of (A) service.

At least with RBB, there is at least one other train (the (J)(Z)) passing through the area. If you terminated (A) service at Howard, the Rockaways will be isolated of MTA service, as there is no other subway option in the area. 

He just said in the post "convert the rest of it to an AirTrain-style automated light rail system.", it fills the subway system need anyways and can be expanded to more areas in the rockaways (if that's even needed) since it's cheaper. I wouldn't imagine it being worse in terms of service or capacity either, our ridership is damn low and most people who live here have cars. 

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

2 hours ago, EphraimB said:

Here is revision 2 of my 2028 subway map: 

dse6ezy.png

I see the (Z) runs a peak service in this map. But make it skip stop east of the junction or you'll ruin frequencies

The (A) and (C) should be stopping together between Euclid Av and Rockaway Blvd. Since only the 2 local tracks can be used. The middle track is relay only.

@NoHacksJustKhaks your response was funny as s***

Last but not least where's phase 2 of SAS.

17 hours ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

Keeping that A extension I see...

logo_really--black.svg

IDK whether to dap with the upvote or LOL at this....

Ah well, LOL dap it is.... Just like the joke that f***ing proposal of his is.

Someone mentioned this earlier, this is also the most LOL dap's I've ever seen in one thread... There's like 30 of them shits in only 2 pages.... Kevin Hart aint got shit on this thread..... God damn :lol:

Edited by B35 via Church

13 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

in all seriousness, let's get back on topic after this...

Im not sure how we possibly can, his last few proposals have been LOL at best, and were not even being respectful trying to argue with him :lol:!

Unless his next few proposals make up for this joke, Im calling it

screenshot-2018-02-10-at-10-33-06-am_ori

49 minutes ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

Im not sure how we possibly can, his last few proposals have been LOL at best, and were not even being respectful trying to argue with him :lol:!

Unless his next few proposals make up for this joke, Im calling it

screenshot-2018-02-10-at-10-33-06-am_ori

I mean really (and this is something I forgot to mention in my initial post)..... It's one thing to make a point to somebody, centered around public transportation existing for the masses & not being meant to take any singular person to/from their house.... It's quite another to literally see someone suggest a subway line take them to their house..... I saw that map yesterday @ work & was like, wth is that squiggly line past Mott.... Then I saw the street name & was like r1Uw6Jp.png

Now I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to live THAT proximate to a subway line... Similar reason as to why I wouldn't buy a house that has a bus stop in front of it....

All those folks along the main line (LIRR) contesting the 3rd track project, NIMBY than a MF-er - but this guy wanting to extend the (A) to Reeds lane, now that is some YIMBY shit right there, to say the least....

6 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

...not being meant to take any singular person to/from their house

Not so fast!

https://www.citylab.com/transportation/2016/01/japan-keeps-this-defunct-train-station-running-for-just-one-passenger/423273/

For years, there’s been just one passenger who regularly waits at the Kyu-Shirataki* train station, on the island of Hokkaido, Japan: A high-school girl, on her way to class. Trains stop there only a few times a day—once to pick up the girl for school and a few times after the school day is over.

It sounds like a Hayao Miyazaki film. But, according to CCTV News, Japan Railways—the group that operates the country’s railway network—has kept the underused station open for years for a good reason.

Ridership at the Kyu-Shirataki station and a few neighboring ones had dramatically fallen because of the remote location, and freight service had ended there as well. But students depend on the train for transit, and parents asked that the company keep the station open for their children. Japan Railways will keep operating the station until March, when the fiscal year ends—and when this teen is expected to graduate, according to the Asahi Shimbun.*

On 2/9/2018 at 6:32 PM, LGA Link N train said:

I see the (Z) runs a peak service in this map. But make it skip stop east of the junction or you'll ruin frequencies

The Z now runs full-time express on this map.

On 2/9/2018 at 6:32 PM, LGA Link N train said:

Last but not least where's phase 2 of SAS.

Phase 2 will be completed by January 2029.

5 minutes ago, EphraimB said:

That just won't work at all unless you're willing to change headways... How do you expect the Z to run express and J to make local stops all on just one track? 🤣 (Unless of course you're planning to build a middle track from Crescent Street all the way to 121st Street... that could work, but you still wouldn't be able to have your express service between Broadway Junction and Crescent Street without changing headways: the (J) would have to be more spread out so the (Z) can actually run and not have to get stuck behind a (J) every stop). 

I also love how you've basically changed nothing on the map except for your little "(A) extension", the reopening of Cortlandt Street (which you're calling WTC), the transfer from the (3) to the (L) at Livonia Avenue, and making the (Z) an express line.... 😑😑😑

20 minutes ago, EphraimB said:

Not to be rude or anything but a (Z) express is NOT FEASIBLE. It would have to be a peak express service from Broadway Junction to Marcy Avenue. Oh and you're gonna need this

http://www.vanshnookenraggen.com/_index/2017/05/a-complete-and-geographically-accurate-nyc-subway-track-map/ 

There should be a downloadable link.

44 minutes ago, kosciusko said:

Cool.... I can also bring up the one person that used to take the old N93 before that route went defunct. Here's that link.

It doesn't mean that the services in the two examples were created for those 2 separate people.

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Cool.... I can also bring up the one person that used to take the old N93 before that route went defunct. Here's that link.

It doesn't mean that the services in the two examples were created for those 2 separate people.

I know, I was just shitposting. This thread is kind of a joke anyway.