2028 subway map

EphraimB

2 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

According to MTA, the Port Authority's ineptitude is what's keeping the station closed, so this isn't too far off from reality 😂

Not sure whether to trust the PA or MTA here... both are lousy agencies that waste money on pet projects and always point fingers or claim NYC exceptionalism when confronted with issues.

Just now, R68OnBroadway said:

Not sure whether to trust the PA or MTA here... both are lousy agencies that waste money on pet projects and always point fingers or claim NYC exceptionalism when confronted with issues.

Amen. I just read something on the Fulton Street Station fiasco being a pet project of some politician... Basically "forcing"  the MTA's hand smh

5 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

He probably means as a joke as in Sea Beach and Culver work is still not completed

😂 don't laugh too hard, THAT could very well be too realistic (btw i had a authentic, out loud belly laugh reading that 😂) 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

I've overlooked a lot of things on the Subway map. I still need to have the Z going express west of myrtle Avenue and operating full time, I need to have the Cortlandt station opened, I still need to extend the Q to 125 street, I need to make the <1> express, I need to extend the IRT Nostrand Avenue line to Coney Island - Stillwell Avenue.

28 minutes ago, EphraimB said:

You overlooked which trains serve Lefferts Blvd now. And pay attention to the express and local services on the Fulton Street line as well.

You would need to install a fourth track between Rockaway Blvd & 80th Street), and have some way of bypassing Grant Avenue (unless you just run the trains straight through, SIR-style). 

45 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

You would need to install a fourth track between Rockaway Blvd & 80th Street), and have some way of bypassing Grant Avenue (unless you just run the trains straight through, SIR-style). 

You could run a peak direction express to/from the Rockaways if the yard lead under Grant Avenue were to be connected to the Pitkin express tracks. For a peak direction express to go to/from Lefferts, the layout east of Rockaway Boulevard would need to be reworked.

There's not much of a point in putting the Rockaway trains on the Liberty express track, though. The only way I see that track being useful is if the Liberty Avenue line is extended past Lefferts Boulevard into far-eastern Queens.

Edited by P3F

Are you on crack or something, on what planet does anything on this map happen by 2028? Also how on Earth are you going to do any of this?

As for extending (A) to Rockaway blvd: Not possible, It's a triple track el with no provisions for a platform at Rockaway blvd, a peak direction is possible in theory but it would have to bypass Rockaway blvd and go straight to Euclid.

Expanding the (A) to Reads Lane: Why? is there a demand for this? 

Why did you butcher the (Z) so much? whats the point of adding all those stops?

(F) express: probably not for reasons outlined in the other thread

(N) express: sure, why not

1 hour ago, EphraimB said:

Z going express west of myrtle Avenue and operating full time ... <1> express

With what tracks??

extend the IRT Nostrand Avenue line to Coney Island - Stillwell Avenue.

With what capacity? Stillwell ave. IIRC is already turning about as much as it can, also Stilwell ave is B division, and even if it wasn't that makes no sense.

(2) would be best off heading south on Flatlands ave. to Avenue U, maybe off to Neponsit.

(5) would be best off heading south on Nostrand and terminating at Shore Parkway. Maybe a (5) express between Flatbush ave and Franklin ave if you're feeling optimistic.

I still need to extend the Q to 125 street

You'd better get digging then lol

23 minutes ago, kosciusko said:

As for extending (A) to Rockaway blvd: Not possible, It's a triple track el with no provisions for a platform at Rockaway blvd, a peak direction is possible in theory but it would have to bypass Rockaway blvd and go straight to Euclid.

They can redo it to have 4 tracks. The 18th Avenue Station on the Culver line has 3 tracks as well and there used to be express service there.

Expanding the (A) to Reads Lane: Why? is there a demand for this?

I live off of Reads Lane and I have a crazy 20 minute walk to the train station. Plus, there's a grass median on Reads Lane which is a perfect place for an Elevated line.

Why did you butcher the (Z) so much? whats the point of adding all those stops?

I didn't touch the (J) and (Z) line yet. All I did was take away the (M) between Myrtle Avenue and Broadway Junction because construction on the Myrtle Avenue line will be long finished by then.

(F) express: probably not for reasons outlined in the other thread

I'm sure they'll bring it back by some point.

25 minutes ago, kosciusko said:

Z going express west of myrtle Avenue and operating full time ... <1> express

With what tracks??

They'll add new ones for (Z) express service. I'll probably save that for the 2038 subway map. There used to a (9) skip-stop service that complemented the (1). I'm going to reintroduce it as the <(1)>.

33 minutes ago, kosciusko said:

extend the IRT Nostrand Avenue line to Coney Island - Stillwell Avenue.

With what capacity? Stillwell ave. IIRC is already turning about as much as it can, also Stilwell ave is B division, and even if it wasn't that makes no sense.

(2) would be best off heading south on Flatlands ave. to Avenue U, maybe off to Neponsit.

(5) would be best off heading south on Nostrand and terminating at Shore Parkway. Maybe a (5) express between Flatbush ave and Franklin ave if you're feeling optimistic.

I've seen proposals about extending the IRT Nostrand Avenue line. I'm sure they can add to Stillwell Avenue to make an IRT station as well.

36 minutes ago, kosciusko said:

I still need to extend the Q to 125 street

You'd better get digging then lol

I'm sure they'll be finished with Phase 2 by then.

6 hours ago, EphraimB said:

I live off of Reads Lane and I have a crazy 20 minute walk to the train station. Plus, there's a grass median on Reads Lane which is a perfect place for an Elevated line

I thought you extended it as a joke to how the MTA wastes money on pointless extensions

4 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

I know you're new here, but have you ever heard of the proposals thread? 

But that (A) extension in the Rockaways is...

1111.jpg

I need this extension. I can't stand this 20 minute walk to the train station, especially in the frigid cold.