An n32 bus skipped a stop I was waiting at together with other people

EphraimB

51 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Whatever happened to that express bus service to/from Manhattan that used to serve Roslyn, Glen Cove, and Greenvale?

I still see the HJ (Hampton Jitney) buses being out & about, but those aforementioned buses I haven't seen in quite some time......

It got taken over by North Fork Express and only provides two trips in the morning and evening.

On 2/12/2018 at 9:20 PM, EphraimB said:

A month ago, I was waiting at a certain n32 bus stop in Cedarhurst to get back home along with other people. I saw the bus coming and got ready for the bus to pull in but the driver drove past my stop. I ran huffing and puffing to the next stop a few blocks away when the driver opened the door to the bus. I asked the bus driver why he skipped my stop and he told me that he wasn't able to pull in.

Since then, every time I wait for the bus and the bus comes, I walk into the street a little so I wouldn't have a bus driver make this excuse to me. It is risky but that's my only choice.

No one seems like NICE Bus at.

All bus drivers are required to stop at safe corner, even with obstacles.

If that n32 bus was crowded, bus driver will skip.

In Flushing-Main St, n20G bus dirver have to deal with taxis and s/he have to pickup passenger on traffic area because he can't pull over.

You should report to NICE bus via email regardding n32 bus driver.

I remember MTA LIB who still work as Transdev NICE Bus, most of them are nice because sometimes they allow segregation-style boarding after they pay fare, get on bus via back. These drivers are only one that made sure who paid at front, go in through back.

Saw it happen recently on another major east-west NICE route, how the lazy bus driver saw the passenger but refused to stop.  No obstruction at all in the bus stop; she just didn't feel like pulling over.  This bus company hires the worst of the worst, but when you have crap benefits (compared to the MTA) and you get rid of all the old-timers who were professionals, you're left with absolutely horrid rude individuals driving the NICE buses who have no concern for passengers.  NICE doesn't care, since it's just happy it can get anyone off the street to drive the bus (so many drivers call out so frequently that runs get dropped).  Worst bus company ever.  Might be time to complain to Nassau elected officials since that's the only way the management at NICE will require bus drivers to stop at a stop.

35 minutes ago, RtrainBlues said:

Saw it happen recently on another major east-west NICE route, how the lazy bus driver saw the passenger but refused to stop.  No obstruction at all in the bus stop; she just didn't feel like pulling over.  This bus company hires the worst of the worst, but when you have crap benefits (compared to the MTA) and you get rid of all the old-timers who were professionals, you're left with absolutely horrid rude individuals driving the NICE buses who have no concern for passengers.  NICE doesn't care, since it's just happy it can get anyone off the street to drive the bus (so many drivers call out so frequently that runs get dropped).  Worst bus company ever.  Might be time to complain to Nassau elected officials since that's the only way the management at NICE will require bus drivers to stop at a stop.

Nassau elected officials are more upset at the frequent delays and cancellations plaguing the LIRR than NICE. They generally don't do much unless the route that runs thru their district is about to be eliminated due to budget cuts.

On 2/20/2018 at 12:18 PM, NY1635 said:

It got taken over by North Fork Express and only provides two trips in the morning and evening.

I was trying to remember the name of the company.... That's it... North Fork Express.

Those are the buses I'm referring to that I haven't been seeing...

4 hours ago, Hound said:

M & V Limousine is supposedly running that express service to NYC now.

This explains it.... Thanks.

On 2/20/2018 at 11:25 AM, B35 via Church said:

Whatever happened to that express bus service to/from Manhattan that used to serve Roslyn, Glen Cove, and Greenvale?

I still see the HJ (Hampton Jitney) buses being out & about, but those aforementioned buses I haven't seen in quite some time......

You're talking about the North Fork Express Bus? They still have the schedule on their site, although the info is kinda hidden if you don't look at the main page closely. If what Hound is saying is true, then I believe that the poor choice of vehicles sent out might attest to that. They constantly sent out their old MCI's, and even some mini-buses. Imagine having one of these boys on a Downtown Bus. Haven't seen a cheese bus but they might have used it once. I can't verify unfortunately because I no longer take the Q88 out in the mornings. I would usually see them somewhere around Main or Kissena. 

7 Bus I know no longer operates. I feel like someone else should have taken up 7Bus's operations partially (like Coach USA, revert back as Bolt Bus LI, or something), but that's for a different discussion.  

15 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

You're talking about the North Fork Express Bus? They still have the schedule on their site, although the info is kinda hidden if you don't look at the main page closely. If what Hound is saying is true, then I believe that the poor choice of vehicles sent out might attest to that. They constantly sent out their old MCI's, and even some mini-buses. Imagine having one of these boys on a Downtown Bus. Haven't seen a cheese bus but they might have used it once. I can't verify unfortunately because I no longer take the Q88 out in the mornings. I would usually see them somewhere around Main or Kissena. 

7 Bus I know no longer operates. I feel like someone else should have taken up 7Bus's operations partially (like Coach USA, revert back as Bolt Bus LI, or something), but that's for a different discussion.  

You must not have seen my reply directly above yours....

Yes, I was talking about North Fork Express... NY1635 beat you to it.... But yeah, those old MCI's is what I remember seeing & not much of anyone looking like they were utilizing the service...... LOL @ that pic though; that looks like a party bus.... Perception is everything, so they say... So if you're one of those Wall st. types or whatever, I don't think you'd want to be caught (by peers) entering/disembarking one of those things...... A school bus would be infinitely worse - making upwards of 6 figures, residing in some uppity village, to come to & leave work in a kraft, macaroni & cheese bus.... That's embarrassing.... I'd rather moped to work.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

On 2/17/2018 at 8:36 AM, NY1635 said:

I meant that NICE really wants people to use the n24 for travel to Jamaica, RFM, Mineola, and Hicksville to lessen the burden on the n22. The n22 and the n22x are mostly for people in Westbury/New Cassel and on Hillside between Willis Avenue and City Line. The n22s has more riders because it runs through residential New Cassel, the n35 terminates in the middle of nowhere up there instead of the NYCB Theater, plus hardly anyone uses the n24 between Merrick Ave and Hicksville along Old Country.  The n22a and the n22L got axed because it was giving the n22 "too much" service to Hicksville at least in comparison to the n6 which has little to no help between Jamaica and Elmont. I don't know how to explain this any further aside from people in Nassau not wanting to share the bus with people from other parts of Nassau or the City, hence the whole Westbury/New Cassel mention.

Didn't the N6 (I'm old school, don't mind me) have some help between Jamaica and Franklin Square when it was LIB? (N1, 2 and 3)

11 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

Didn't the N6 (I'm old school, don't mind me) have some help between Jamaica and Franklin Square when it was LIB? (N1, 2 and 3)

The n2 and n3 rush hour trips to Jamaica were discontinued when it was LIB, leaving only the n1 during rush hours and n6 full time to 165th Street. NICE recently purchased 5 articulated buses and put them on the n6 to reduce crowding during the rush and on Saturdays.

On 2/21/2018 at 9:06 PM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Little off-topic, but from Facebok page, I remember passengers complaint about Long Island Transit NY buses on Roslyn-Glen Cove express that some buses had no A/C either, and also complaints about late buses.

Also Hampton Jitney doesn't do good job either on reservation bus.

Person who made reservation for Hampton Jitney seat, and HJ reservanist overbooks, then on day of person who reserve seat is force to paid more money because s/he can't get on bus due to overcrowded and s/he had to wait for next bus.

It not impossible to be perfectly on time when LIE/QMT is busy traffic.

7 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Interesting little note: Back when NICE conducted a survey in 2013, the n32 had one of the highest percentages of "choice riders" (Following the n57/58). See page 34.

Things like this definitely serve to turn those riders away.

I can only see people from Far Rockaway complaining about the n32's service. Considering the lack of options to get into Mainland Queens and Nassau, I don't really blame them. Folks in Hempstead usually start using the n6 around 3-4am to the city. 

4 hours ago, FamousNYLover said:

It not impossible to be perfectly on time when LIE/QMT is busy traffic.

If you leave HOURS ahead of time, of course not ;)

9 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Interesting little note: Back when NICE conducted a survey in 2013, the n32 had one of the highest percentages of "choice riders" (Following the n57/58). See page 34.

Not surprising.

Run a bus route to Armonk and I'd bet you'd have some quote-unquote choice riders too.... Oh wait.....

On 2/24/2018 at 11:39 AM, B35 via Church said:

If you leave HOURS ahead of time, of course not ;)

Not surprising.

Run a bus route to Armonk and I'd bet you'd have some quote-unquote choice riders too.... Oh wait.....

Also slightly little off-topic, I remember Hampton Jitney using Academy Bus.

Also during Elisson Av Bridge renovation work in Westbury, charter bus driver who was doing LIRR Shuttle to Carle Place and Westbury was charter bus based out of Kingston, NY and I gave him direction since I know route from n22 experience.

19 minutes ago, FamousNYLover said:

Also slightly little off-topic, I remember Hampton Jitney using Academy Bus.

Also during Elisson Av Bridge renovation work in Westbury, charter bus driver who was doing LIRR Shuttle to Carle Place and Westbury was charter bus based out of Kingston, NY and I gave him direction since I know route from n22 experience.

How is it NICE's fault that LIRR shuttle driver hired by the MTA doesn't know their way around Nassau? I've been hearing the MTA using cheese buses and coaches for LIRR shuttles ever since the county privatized its bus system.

On 2/25/2018 at 8:14 PM, NY1635 said:

How is it NICE's fault that LIRR shuttle driver hired by the MTA doesn't know their way around Nassau? I've been hearing the MTA using cheese buses and coaches for LIRR shuttles ever since the county privatized its bus system.

I didn't say NICE's fault. I stated I give him direction from Carle Place to Westbury base on my n22 bus ride experience. Plus charter bus wasn't Long Island based. He was based out of Kingston, NY.

On 2/25/2018 at 8:14 PM, NY1635 said:

I've been hearing the MTA using cheese buses and coaches for LIRR shuttles ever since the county privatized its bus system.

They primarily use said vans and charter operators, but on occasion they send out cruiser equipment. I remember a ronkonkoma or port jeff shuttle in september having MTAB cruisers on it.

53 minutes ago, Joel Up Front said:

I saw an MTA livery MCI in the parking lot of the National Wholesale Liquidators across from the West Hempstead LIRR station.

NICE Bus was being used for the first time doing LIRR bustitutions last 2 days.

Archived