MTA Conductors Spill 10 Secrets of the NYC Subway System

Via Garibaldi 8

2 hours ago, CenSin said:

Tell them to watch Trading Places (1983 film).

Nobody should ever have to watch that film. Ever.

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The United States was a declining power... Thanks to Trump, America is returning to its glory.

lol

The only reason Trump decided to run was to increase the value of his brand. He had no ambition to get elected president and even promised to Melania that he wouldn't win. These new tariffs will only bring back jobs in the short term, but in the long term we will get into a tariff-war with China, Everything will keep getting more expensive, and the returned manufacturing jobs will be lost to automation. Tariffs are a horrible idea in a 21st century globalized economy, economic protectionism is not viable in a post-container shipping and post-automation world.

4 minutes ago, kosciusko said:

Nobody should ever have to watch that film. Ever.

lol

The only reason Trump decided to run was to increase the value of his brand. He had no ambition to get elected president and even promised to Melania that he wouldn't win. These new tariffs will only bring back jobs in the short term, but in the long term we will get into a tariff-war with China, Everything will keep getting more expensive, and the returned manufacturing jobs will be lost to automation. Tariffs are a horrible idea in a 21st century globalized economy, economic protectionism is not viable in a post-container shipping and post-automation world.

Yes sure.... Another "American" that doesn't give a damn about protecting American jobs...  The Chinese sure as hell do it. You should move there instead of living here in freedom. I wonder what field you work in. Another one of these "engineers" that can run their mouths because their job hasn't been outsourced yet.

1 minute ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yes sure.... Another "American" that doesn't give a damn about protecting American jobs...  The Chinese sure as hell do it. You should move there instead of living here in freedom.

Put it like this no ones going to be able to protect some type of jobs. Not even the Chinese are getting the jobs.. Chinese machines and robots maybe. Want to protect Americans? Invest in education and healthcare.. and get some small business loans and opportunities to people and see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

Put it like this no ones going to be able to protect some type of jobs. Not even the Chinese are getting the jobs.. Chinese machines and robots maybe. Want to protect Americans? Invest in education and healthcare.. and get some small business loans and opportunities to people and see what happens. 

The Chinese are protecting what they can and there's no denying that because they put their citizens first, but the U.S. isn't supposed to. Total BS and it's disgusting to see so called Americans in favor of their fellow citizens losing their jobs.  You can keep talking about that all you want. I would like to see your job outsourced since you seem to be so in favor of Americans losing their jobs.

12 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The Chinese are protecting what they can and there's no denying that because they put their citizens first, but the U.S. isn't supposed to. Total BS and it's disgusting to see so called Americans in favor of their fellow citizens losing their jobs. 

Listen you really born to the wrong era.. The Chinese are going to win because they see the writing on the wall and there investing in educating in the new sciences and technology. There overtaking us we speak A.I, IoT Blockchain, CRISPR.. There investing in brains and innovations. "The King that lives behind the wall is often the first to fall"  Im in the field man I'm not just speaking to hear myself. No one's going to be able to outrun whats coming. Losing their jobs doing what obsolescence? Create new ones.. Education, Healthcare and opportunity. No difference then what was given to our boys that came home after war, That created the middle class and period that your clammering to return to. Create a new one. 

5 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

Most economists see protectionism as a negative in the long term. Whether it's an American,  EU, Chinese,  or Korean machine matters little to the American who lost his job. The job ain't gonna come back.  Automation doesn't respect national boundaries and as long as the machine is owned by the multinational corporations the job and profits ain't American either. Carry on. 

9 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

Listen you really born to the wrong era.. The Chinese are going to win because they see the writing on the wall and there investing in educating in the new sciences and technology. There overtaking us we speak A.I, IoT Blockchain, CRISPR.. There investing in brains and innovations. "The King that lives behind the wall is often the first to fall"  Im in the field man I'm not just speaking to hear myself. No one's going to be able to outrun whats coming. Losing their jobs doing what obsolescence? Create new ones.. Education, Healthcare and opportunity. No difference then what was given to our boys that came home after war, That created the middle class and period that your clammering to return to. Create a new one. 

No I'm born in reality. You talk a good game because your job is protected. It comes down to putting food on the table, and I know you think VERY highly of your engineering job. It's easy to have "progressive thinking" when you aren't impacted by it.

11 minutes ago, Trainmaster5 said:

Most economists see protectionism as a negative in the long term. Whether it's an American,  EU, Chinese,  or Korean machine matters little to the American who lost his job. The job ain't gonna come back.  Automation doesn't respect national boundaries and as long as the machine is owned by the multinational corporations the job and profits ain't American either. Carry on. 

Of course they think that. How do you think they may a living?

6 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

You talk a good game because your job is protected.

I talk a good game because I created my lane..  I eat 100% of what I kill!  And I give opportunities and employ others. So I do feel I'm allotted a little more. I took the risk I should get more of the gain. Im not doing anything more then what my other Country men couldn't do with the opportunity. 

13 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

I talk a good game because I created my lane..  I eat 100% of what I kill!  And I give opportunities and employ others. So I do feel I'm allotted a little more. I took the risk I should get more of the gain. Im not doing anything more then what my other Country men couldn't do with the opportunity. 

Just as I said. You talk a good game because you aren't affected. Just admit it.

11 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

The concepts of making a living is going to change. What I'm trying to tell you.

Going to change? They're always changing. Americans haven't just started adapting. They've been "re-training" for years. The idea that China is so far ahead is absurd. The Chinese... The Germans... They all partake in protectionist measures. Our problem is we're too damn worried about trade wars and offending others. Trump is 100% correct. We have put America first and do what's right for our country. I do agree that education is a major issue in this country though and we have to invest in other technologies, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't protect American jobs when everyone else is.

21 minutes ago, Trainmaster5 said:

1000%  I'm not going to keep a gun factory going when the Chinese are manufacturing lasers.. just for people to feel safe and protected.. We need to take some time to invest in people they'll create the new industries and opportunities.

3 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

1000%  I'm not going to keep a gun factory going when the Chinese are manufacturing lasers.. just for people to feel safe and protected.. We need to take some time to invest in people they'll create the new industries and opportunities.

I guess you forgot about how Obama was "investing" in people... Did America very well... That man sold out this country and was afraid of China. He talked about protecting American jobs when he ran though, then you didn't hear squat about it as president. Too busy appeasing the Chinese instead being a president for the American people.

4 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I guess you forgot about how Obama was "investing" in people... Did America very well... That man sold out this country and was afraid of China. He talked about protecting American jobs when he ran though, then you didn't hear squat about it as president. Too busy appeasing the Chinese instead being a president for the American people.

That's a slippery slope to travel on when the present POTUS can't see fit to hire American born  people to work on many of the properties his name adorns. 

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Going to change? They're always changing. Americans haven't just started adapting. They've been "re-training" for years. The idea that China is so far ahead is absurd. The Chinese... The Germans... They all partake in protectionist measures. Our problem is we're too damn worried about trade wars and offending others. Trump is 100% correct. We have to out America first and do what's right for our country. I do agree that education is a major issue in this country though and we have to invest in other technologies, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't protect American jobs when everyone else is.

Listen there moving ahead we haven't been investing in people.. So 20 years from now when we have a lack of people in the sciences and engineering what do you think is going happen? The issue with America is that it's really 4-5 Countries in one! It's way to big to manage effectively. That's been one of our greatest strength but now it's becoming a major apparent weakness we can't agree on anything our worlds are too different and regional  .. I'm talking with Chinese Engineers and Academics im seeing the work and foundation. In about another 5 years at this pace, they'll be caught up for sure in the Math, Sciences and technologies. Then it's defensive game of catch-up which WE may never be able to recover from are at least not pull ahead again.  Even maybe.

Again American jobs are created by other Americans.. Invest in Americans man!  I worked for Apple for over 6 years someone had to start the company for me to have an opportunity I took that and created more opportunities. Protect what? If you're creating more?  It's almost like you think there's just one pie on the table and everyone trying to take your slice.. Relax and embrace buddy there's more coming out. Real worker mentality it's slowing us down.

11 minutes ago, Trainmaster5 said:

That's a slippery slope to travel on when the present POTUS can't see fit to hire American born  people to work on many of the properties his name adorns. 

He's done nothing illegal. He's just shown how messed up our system is which favors these disgusting multinationals that don't give a damn about the American worker. All they care about is maximizing profits and meeting their shareholders' demands. He has made some excellent points. We're overtaxed as a nation. Lower corporate taxes and personal taxes. Allow Americans to have more in their pockets and allow corporations to hire AMERICANS and invest in America and those who don't you slap them with tarriffs. I'd love to see him go after Apple. They manufacture just about everything in China yet they make BILLIONS off of American consumers. Just complete greed.

17 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

You'll see the fruits of Obama's invests 10 years from now. With the wave of younger people that were invested in. My daughter is one of them were school added coding classes in the 1st grade all under Early childhood development. At 8 she can Solder chips onto a logic board and code in 2 languages all Under the Obama ministration. We have a neighborhood hacker scout group with 7-12 year olds.. what do you think these kids are going to do in the world create the next Googles, Apple's Tesla's.  Giving you the tech you'll be using.  Long game my friend.

10 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

Listen there moving ahead we haven't been investing in people.. So 20 years from now when we have a lack of people in the sciences and engineering what do you think is going happen? The issue with America is that it's really 4-5 Countries in one! It's way to big to manage effectively. That's been one of our greatest strength but now it's becoming a major apparent weakness we can't agree on anything our worlds are too different and regional  .. I'm talking with Chinese Engineers and Academics im seeing the work and foundation. In about another 5 years at this pace, they'll be caught up for sure in the Math, Sciences and technologies. Then it's defensive game of catch-up which WE may never be able to recover from are at least not pull ahead again.  Even maybe.

Again American jobs are created by other Americans.. Invest in Americans man!  I worked for Apple for over 6 years someone had to start the company for me to have an opportunity I took that and created more opportunities. Protect what? If you're creating more?  It's almost like you think there's just one pie on the table and everyone trying to take your slice.. Relax and embrace buddy there's more coming out. Real worker mentality it's slowing us down.

The point is that change has always been occurring for the American worker. This is nothing new, and the idea that we need to "invest" in people has been said again and again, going back to the Bush days and then some. We have to improve education first and foremost, which is the biggest problem in this country. Kids graduating high school that shouldn't be, but we're pushing them along anyway. Yes we need to invest in sciences and so many other things, but we also must change attitudes here of American businesses to HIRE American and make things here. You can talk about investing all you want. No country can continue to outsource everything. It's simply unrealistic.

4 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

You'll see the fruits of Obama's invests 10 years from now. With the wave of younger people that were invested in. My daughter is one of them were school added coding classes in the 1st grade all under Early childhood development. At 8 she can Solder chips onto a logic board and code in 2 languages all Under the Obama ministration. We have a neighborhood hacker scout group with 7-12 year olds.. what do you think these kids are going to do in the world create the next Googles, Apple's Tesla's.  Giving you the tech you'll be using.  Long game my friend.

Yeah right... All of those low paying service jobs he created that he was falling over. That's nothing to be proud of.

Rail Run and VG8 I'm glad you both realize that education is the key. Leaving aside the technology things I'd wager that what BrooklynBus, Interested Rider, and myself learned before we entered high school is more than most HS and some college grads brag about today.  That's the underlying problem in America today. I had a conversation with a " bigwig " in NC politics before Christmas.  He's a graduate of a local university down there.  He says that the problem with us New Yorkers is that we think we know it all.  My cousin,  his fellow classmate and graduate,  told him that what they passed in college some of us learned in junior high school. 

16 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

but we also must change attitudes here of American businesses to HIRE American and make things here.

How?  When we created the toxic environment of extreme capitalism? Isn't that based on maximizing profits? That's a deeply American cultural standard from the very beginning then you add Freedom, Liberty and Democracy or at least the façade But we all know capitalism is the nucleus. Invest is many things to many people my friend when tho I'm sure you see it as free money wasted. If you give a new Business owner or the opportunity to start his or her small enterprise do you think that comes with pride attached? Wouldn't that make that person more likely to give back and hire locally? "Must change the attitudes here" You can't change the fundamentals of business. You going change every Business Economics class.. every textbook? The concept of maximizing profits is way more American then you are my friend.  I start my own business pay taxes and then you force me to hire from a certain talent pool?  If the talent's here and it's competitive we pick it.  Get one thing straight the person receiving the check doesn't get to the person giving how-to-write it. You just take it or leave it!

31 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yeah right... All of those low paying service jobs he created that he was falling over. That's nothing to be proud of.

Guy if you don't like it then you create some jobs. Again this is that 1975 i"m a janitor and I deserve to get paid more conversation. You invest in the youth first and foremost. The last administration did push free College even if just two years it's a start. VG8 If you're going to directly criticize me to ask yourself what are you doing To add to this economy into this country? Nothing stopping you from starting your own and running and the way you feel fit. After all Is that not the American dream?Anyone can sit back and criticize.

Archived