The nicknames of the NYC subway lines

I love NY

16 minutes ago, kosciusko said:

(G)arbage

(J)ust walk

(D)elightful :)

Paraphrased from some article I read a while back, don't remember the name.

The (1) stops so often your better of taking the bus. Subway equivalent of your grandpa trying to walk.

There is no proof that the (Z) train actually exists, few have reported seeing it in the wild. It's a hoax. Subway equivalent of bigfoot.

The (A) train is the subway equivalent of a neglectful father who forgets to pick up his son from soccer practice while the other, more responsible dads (the (C) train and the (E) train) manage to collect their children on time.

1 hour ago, kosciusko said:

The (A) train is the subway equivalent of a neglectful father who forgets to pick up his son from soccer practice while the other, more responsible dads (the (C) train and the (E) train) manage to collect their children on time.

True, but thats not as bad as the (R), who (I assume) is the person who drinks tons of vodkas a day, never showing up or always being late, his liver is super damaged, if working at all!  

(R) - The local drunk line

(R)  is the other line I can think of with worse reliability than (A), the (G) might get better but it's up there as well. 

14 minutes ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

(R) - The local drunk line

This is true when daytime drinking at Stillwater on East 4th then going back to Staten Island.

More from my unpublished “Deucey’s guide to the NYC D̶u̶n̶g̶e̶o̶n̶ Subway:

(J)ust missed it

(L)ikes to reboot computer between stations

(M)aybe it’ll come

(A)lways stops midtunnel for breaks

(B)een so long since I seen one

(C)ounting down days til the pension starts

(D)oes the most people-watching on the bridge

(E)very hobo lives here

(F) your appointment 

(G)od hates Williamsburg 

Archived