Gun Hill depot , West Farms depot 07 ' 05

kawasaki3

where is 2000 D60HF new flyer #5430 at Gun Hill depot?

I had not spotted #5430 and it was not in service since long time.

is Gun Hill depot is waiting for #5430 to be repainted.

and then #5430 will run into service?

the worst depot of MTA BUS.

basliey depot

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Kingsbridge worse than Gun Hill, trust me on that one.

I actually agree. I been saying that Kingsbridge had the worse buses. Gun Hill wasn't that bad, but it look like the either got stuck with crap or they destroyed their buses. I always said LaG and KB are the worse!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Not worse than West Farms, which probably brings up the bottom of the barrel.

West Farms shouldn't even be mention as a bad depot!

That's actually the best Depot in the Bronx.

On a side not, people gotta realize that its not just maintnance and how they take care of there buses, but the bus routes itself and the neiborhoods they go through!

West Farms Buses go through some rough hoods in the Bx, and so do some of KB routes (Bx41 and Bx55) and GH (Bx40/42) their are savages that tear up them buses on the inside!!!!!!

Oh well!

No disrespect, but ........... Hush man.. They take care of their buses!!!!

I would have Co-signed if you said LaG

Thank you Shondrae....I highly doubt he's been to Queens b/c I near the Q111/113 and none of these buses have broke down on me and every part of there buses work. I don't why ppl assume Baisley Park Depot treats their buses like crap and they don't!

basliey depot

Oh god, can you like just stop telling us what you think and not turn them into false statements.

basliey depot

Baisley Park actually is a good depot. Why you keep bs'ing? 5430 been in service and plus it's repainted already not too long ago and I seen it 5 times the past week.

Not worse than West Farms
WHAT?!?! I ride West Farms buses everyday and I rode every single VII, every single V except the 1999s, and every single TMC before they left West Farms and on top of that every Artic. I also rode every Gun Hill bus period. For Kingsbridge I rode half. West Farms is good, they don't clean thier buses as much but they still maintain them good. Just because a bus ain't clean don't mean that it's in bad shape. I live in the Bronx and ride buses every single day. I know what I'm talking about.

I actually agree. I been saying that Kingsbridge had the worse buses. Gun Hill wasn't that bad, but it look like the either got stuck with crap or they destroyed their buses. I always said LaG and KB are the worse!

You can say KB has the worst buses, but considering the fact they manage to keep those buses in service they can't be called the worst depot. They had their entire 40ft Fleet swapped out for possibly the worse buses in the city CAS's 400-500s. On top of all of that they keep their buses on the road and have on multiple occasions have sent buses to WF and GH to help them make even. If they were to send the next 60 NGs to KB and replace those rusted out 95s it'd be amongst the best depots in the city.

Honestly WF and AMS make things harder for GH and KB. The latter can't get new buses because most of WF and AMS fleet are less than 7 years old. You have WF screaming bloody murder about being short buses when they keep pulling O7s off the road to whiteback them. AMS needs to either pick up a Bronx route or become a Manhattan Div Depot. There's just no need for WF to have 200 O7s, send about 100 of them to CP or LIB.

4010-4059 should go to KB

4060-4109 should go to GH.

You can say KB has the worst buses, but considering the fact they manage to keep those buses in service they can't be called the worst depot. They had their entire 40ft Fleet swapped out for possibly the worse buses in the city CAS's 400-500s. On top of all of that they keep their buses on the road and have on multiple occasions have sent buses to WF and GH to help them make even. If they were to send the next 60 NGs to KB and replace those rusted out 95s it'd be amongst the best depots in the city.

Honestly WF and AMS make things harder for GH and KB. The latter can't get new buses because most of WF and AMS fleet are less than 7 years old. You have WF screaming bloody murder about being short buses when they keep pulling O7s off the road to whiteback them. AMS needs to either pick up a Bronx route or become a Manhattan Div Depot. There's just no need for WF to have 200 O7s, send about 100 of them to CP or LIB.

4010-4059 should go to KB

4060-4109 should go to GH.

Kingsbridge being the best? You got to be kidding me. If KB couldn't hook up those Vs what makes you think they'll keep up with the NGs? Look at what LaGuardia is doing to thier Hybrids already.. I mean thier buses are horrible, Artics and Vs from there are in sad shape. And Orion VII CNGs in Long Island is a hell no, they're getting NG CNGs already let's leave it at that. I don't want raggity ass Long Island to tear up my favorite buses.

Kingsbridge being the best? You got to be kidding me. If KB couldn't hook up those Vs what makes you think they'll keep up with the NGs? Look at what LaGuardia is doing to thier Hybrids already.. I mean thier buses are horrible, Artics and Vs from there are in sad shape. And Orion VII CNGs in Long Island is a hell no, they're getting NG CNGs already let's leave it at that. I don't want raggity ass Long Island to tear up my favorite buses.

I said they could be amongst the best. Question, How can you hook up a bus that's severely rusted? Is KB supposed to rebuild all those O5s? KB has stepped it up a lot. They've repainted a lot of the Artics and 99 O5's and the breakdowns have decreased. KB hasn't been giving the opportunity to run brand new buses from the manufactor in 10 years so they could keep them running. Hell, CAS did it and look at how horrible they were.

And WF should send CP some of the O7's.

I said they could be amongst the best. Question, How can you hook up a bus that's severely rusted? Is KB supposed to rebuild all those O5s? KB has stepped it up a lot. They've repainted a lot of the Artics and 99 O5's and the breakdowns have decreased. KB hasn't been giving the opportunity to run brand new buses from the manufactor in 10 years so they could keep them running. Hell, CAS did it and look at how horrible they were.

And WF should send CP some of the O7's.

VII CNGs on the QBx1? That's not good because the powertrain in the VII CNGs aren't built for highway, so they can only do 60-65MPH on highway, with the engine screaming, same for C40LFs, the ZF ones can handle highway good enough though. B400Rs with those ratios in the VII CNG and C40LF ain't going to cut it unless they govern the bus at 55 to keep the engine from revving too high. B)

Archived