Studying for Track Worker Exam #8600

Getmgmt

• +Young+ changed the title to Studying for Track Worker Exam #8600

On 2/22/2018 at 11:53 AM, Getmgmt said:

What are some sources i can use to study for track worker exam can i buy the green trackman worker book off of Amazon to study for the upcoming test in April ?

You can, however I would not recommend it since they're out-of-date. Instead, to save some $$, I would get it out of your local library, such as Queens Library.

Instead, I would refer to the Notice of Examination and focus on what you're going to be tested on, such as written comprehension, written expression, deductive reasoning, etc. If you do your research and borrow some books out of the library, you should be good to go.

In addition, I highly recommend this NYPD Test Preparation Kit to help you. Unlike the green passbooks off of Amazon, the NYPD Test Prep Kit contains a memorization section, which, in my opinion, screws a lot of people. It did for me when I started taking these civil service examinations between NYC Transit and DCAS...

Finally, as it says on the top of this page, we are trying to "reduce the amount of clutter in the Transit Employment forum(s)," therefore please post any future questions/comments in this pinned thread. Don't worry about "bumping" it - as long as the question(s)/comment(s) are relevant, it's fine. Again, we (the staff) want you folks to post any questions, we're just trying to cut down on the number of threads. It doesn't make sense to have 5 or 10 threads open for the same exam/title/etc.

Thank you and good luck studying!!!

Archived