A Sincere Apology

Coney Island Av

I created this thread solely because I need to apologize to ya'll over PMs. I created it here because it has to do with the R32 assignment thingy, but a mod can move it off-topic if they deem it "just an apology." Anyways, I know that I annoyed ya'll by trying to discuss the R32 assignment thingy in PM, but if I did, then I'm really sorry. I only wanted to make sure beforehand that if I brought up anything related to post-R179 assignments, the mocking/teasing wouldn't happen, and I wouldn't get conflicting messages. I 100% did not intend to deliberately spam or annoy you, because I wasn't expecting that kind of reaction. I was expecting everyone to say, "let's wait and see," or "continue the speculation," or just "drop the whole idea entirely." I didn't discuss it in public, because a lot of controversy would clog the toilet if I did, and a thread could potentially be locked. I also didn't wanna backseat mod, because @Lance said I should leave it to the mods. After all this, I hope you aren't either angry at me and/or disappointed. I knew the forum guidelines before I joined and didn't know that sending a PM to several people just to "discuss" a topic was against the guidelines. Either way, I won't do it again. 

If ya'll are still angry and/or annoyed, then I might step away from the forums for a little while, or continue to observe the forums, but refrain from posting. I'm not necessarily saying it's your fault for me stepping away, I'm saying I need to step away because of what I did. I'm also 100% sorry to @Lance and the other mods for apparently going against the guidelines, but again, I was unaware this was against the rules and wasn't expecting this to happen. At least it's not as severe as Canarsie or the mocking though. I understand your anger, you don't want notifications to flood your inbox, but all I wanted was a simple answer if we were to bring up this nonsense again. Next time, there should be a limit on how many members you can add for PM to make sure this never happens again. But if you don't want or have time to respond to my stupid PMs, why not just ignore my PM altogether? You don't have to give your thoughts or an answer, I'm not forcing you, but rather I'm encouraging you. Encouraging someone to do something isn't the same as forcing someone to do a simple task. For instance, @justhafactsencouraged, or recommended @LGA Link N train to join the forums. That doesn't mean he was forced to join, or had to join, he was only suggested to come here. Forcing, on the other hand, is like telling someone to do you a favor as if they were your slave or servant. 

At the end of the day, we can improve this in the future, if ya'll will listen to what I'll ramble on about for the next couple of minutes. Firstly, let's try to keep a bright head when talking about R32 (B) and (G) trains, R179 (G) trains, and even R46 (B) trains and R68 (C) trains. I obviously know that not everyone agrees on the same thing, but can we be calm while speculating? Most of you who are opposed to the R32s setting foot in the Southern Division treat Montague like it's the end of the world when the Bridge goes out. But this is only information, not a severe issue like Hurricane Irma. We can't waste time over exaggerating just because of Montague. If you disagree with anyone, it's okay. But let's not force the mods to take action if something goes wrong. Secondly, let's stop the mocking/teasing/insults. You would probably feel sad if someone straight up teased/made fun of you. That's the same case for me. If cyber-bullying or mocking or any other insults continue, you'll only make yourself more of a jerk to the person who's being directed at. If we stopped, then everything could be peaceful and threads won't get locked. Third, let's try to keep threads the way they are, by staying on topic. I know I'm not a mod, I'm not merely requesting or demanding it, but rather I'm trying to follow the forum guidelines, which explicitly states going off-topic is frowned upon. Finally, if someone with credible information brings up anything related to the R32/R42/R160/R179 placement, instead of doing a lot pointless bickering/debating, try to just accept the fact they're trustworthy sources. I know for a fact, that deep down, somewhere in the deep fathoms of your brain, think that credible sources such as @Dj Hammers are indeed trustworthy, but you're too afraid to admit it. There's nowhere else we can put the R32s and R42s, and the only options left is the obvious (B)ad (G)ood. So please, let's just trust them, regardless if things can change. 

Whew, sorry for the long post. I only wanted my apology to be sincere, and genuinely show I really meant it. If I really didn't mean it, then I wouldn't have posted this acclaimed, constructive response. And again, to @Lance and any other members still angry, I'm really sorry, and 100% positive I didn't mean to annoy or offend you in anyway possible. I didn't know that making a topic in a PM was prohibited. I swear across my heart that I won't do this ever again. And @Lance, could you possibly give me suggestions through PM on what things are frowned upon by the forum, so I won't break the rules? Once again guys, I'm really sorry. With that being said, let's keep a positive vibe and try to move on from this incident. Accidents happen. And it is what it is. And even though one door has closed, another is bound to open. 

-(C)(JFK)(A)

Dude. Chill. This isn’t Downton Abbey or something — there’s no honor or fiefdom at stake here. It’s just bloody transitforums. 

Here, you make a mistake, you learn from said mistake, and move on. Evidently, you haven’t completed this process. While I’m glad you see your error, you’re once again cluttering and backseat modding.

We do not want or need to hear about how bad you feel. We just want you to not do it again. In other words, we don’t want your apology, we want you to learn. 

Think about that quietly please, and then move on.

You've been very controversial on the forums ever since you joined, why? Because you've never let go of the personal problems you spawned, but like what @RR503 said, it's not a matter of mourning over your mistakes and expressing your anger to others in a public environment. I agree with @RR503 in that moving on and making little fuss about something many people aren't even aware of is the best idea. Whether that involves leaving the forums for a while or not? It's not my choice

I barely accept your apology (it's just rambling!) but have no anger or hate towards you, in my opinion, feeling less defensive (and being more chill) about topics in the future would be a true apology, your words with emotion are meaningless in this case.

I know your young, but you're not a child either.

And honestly, your "sincere apology" didn't even sound sincere at all whatsoever after taking a second time to re-read your entire long post...it's just mostly rambling and repeating the same stuff you stated over and over like before... <_<

• Lance locked this topic

Archived