Breaking News: Will M'ville Depot be forced closed?

East New York

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My apologies you all. I meant to comment on this thread like 20 times. I actually posted that MV would be upgraded In the Fleet & Depots title post quite some time ago. 

And for the ones that ask if it’s only good through 2020 or so, the answer is know. Everything I speculated through this entire process has become reality. 

The depot will be open indefinitely. When the upgrades are complete in 2020 it will likely tie with Grand Av and/or the new Jamaica depot as “the most Green Depots” in NYC. (Note CNG Depots not included)

In 22 years this will be an all-electric operation. 

I want everyone to take note of the following now as 99% of my speculative comments over the last decade have come true......

The 25 Standard Diesel Bus order for MTA bus will NOT be diesel. Mark my words. Write it down.... Take a screenshot....

By the end of 2023, (5 short years from now) the MTA that we know all know will be no more. 

8 minutes ago, East New York said:

My apologies you all. I meant to comment on this thread like 20 times. I actually posted that MV would be upgraded In the Fleet & Depots title post quite some time ago. 

And for the ones that ask if it’s only good through 2020 or so, the answer is know. Everything I speculated through this entire process has become reality. 

The depot will be open indefinitely. When the upgrades are complete in 2020 it will likely tie with Grand Av and/or the new Jamaica depot as “the most Green Depots” in NYC. (Note CNG Depots not included)

I want everyone to take note of the following now as 99% of my speculative comments over the last decade have come true......

The 25 Standard Diesel Bus order for MTA bus will NOT be diesel. Mark my words. Write it down.... Take a screenshot....

By the end of 2023, (5 short years from now) the MTA that we know all know will be no more. 

Will manhattanville depot be all electric by 2020 or would it still house diesel electric buses? Also how upgraded will manhattanville be?

8 hours ago, East New York said:

So the mta is re branding itself? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 1:36 AM, MHV184 said:

Will manhattanville depot be all electric by 2020 or would it still house diesel electric buses? Also how upgraded will manhattanville be?

How would that be possible of we haven't even ordered our first 60 and its almost 2019?

Other than what you see in that flyer above, and what's been posted you will have to wait and see.

On 8/16/2018 at 9:59 AM, Brillant93 said:

So the mta is re branding itself? 

Yes. The last of the "planned" diesels are the 25 for Bus company. Other than that, we are currently taking delivery of what will effectively be the last. Then 285 hybrids (including the powertrain pilots) and all electrics. The 60 will be for extensive testing, then every other bus after is now planned to be electric.

NOTE TO PREVOST: You have a couple years to get an electric bus ready for market, because the D45 CRT LE hybrid, and all-electric versions basically are already here. 

Archived