For us folks who take the Yacht to/from the subway:

Deucey

http://www.silive.com/news/2018/02/staten_island_ferry_operating_5.html

The Staten Island Ferry will be operating on a modified schedule through the end of next week. (Advance file photo)

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The Staten Island Ferry has announced that it will run on a modified schedule through the end of next week.

During weekday rush hours, the ferry will run every 20 minutes instead of its normal 15-minute intervals.

The modified schedule is a result of a reduction in ships due to necessary repairs, the city Department of Transportation said.

"We apologize for the inconvenience. Instead of the normal four-boat rush hour service, we will be operating three boats and supplementing service with one of our smaller boats," the DOT posted on social media.

The Ferryboat Guy V. Molinari is being taken out of service due to an electrical problem, the Ferryboat Samuel I. Newhouse is out of service due to regulatory dry-docking and the Ferryboat John F. Kennedy will soon be returned to service following its regulatory dry-docking, the DOT said.

The return of the 53-year-old Kennedy ferryboat has been delayed because component parts needed for the boat have to be refurbished since they are no longer manufactured, the agency said.

The 38-year-old Newhouse ferryboat has been delayed in dry-docking due to unforeseen steel repairs, the DOT added.

The Staten Island Ferry has been operating on the modified schedule since Wednesday afternoon.

I spent a lot of time going to school and working on Staten Island and i always tried to avoid using the ferry. 

When i had classes in St. George across from the terminal, I still took the S/7 to the S/6 or 111 or 112 as it was much faster as compared with the ferry. When i worked on the island and had to go to Manhattan then i had no alternative as i never knew when the bus would miss the ferry and it was a half hour wait during the non-rush hours.

47 minutes ago, Interested Rider said:

I spent a lot of time going to school and working on Staten Island and i always tried to avoid using the ferry. 

When i had classes in St. George across from the terminal, I still took the S/7 to the S/6 or 111 or 112 as it was much faster as compared with the ferry. When i worked on the island and had to go to Manhattan then i had no alternative as i never knew when the bus would miss the ferry and it was a half hour wait during the non-rush hours.

Still is 30 minute headways on the ferry - even during overnight.

And the bus is still unreliable getting people to it before it departs.

On 3/4/2018 at 1:13 PM, Interested Rider said:

Why not to the S51 (whatever it was called back then) or S78?

If the North Shore branch was still operational, maybe S40/90 and S46/96 riders would actually be able to consistently make the ferry.

I wonder if these issues will still exist when they build their busway (or whatever the heck the plan is nowadays) on the old North Shore el.

12 minutes ago, P3F said:

If the North Shore branch was still operational, maybe S40/90 and S46/96 riders would actually be able to consistently make the ferry.

I wonder if these issues will still exist when they build their busway (or whatever the heck the plan is nowadays) on the old North Shore el.

Doubtful. Drivers would still find a way to be late AF going to St George.

3 hours ago, P3F said:

The SIR itself isn't even timed properly with the ferry, especially off-peak.

Archived