Transit Transit newsmagazine/In transit NY1

brokecrazy

12 minutes ago, brokecrazy said:

I am going through my videotaples keep or eliminate them.  Is anyone interested if these shows are on any of the tapes.  sorry about grammer.

Hold on to the tapes! If not, try selling them.

24 minutes ago, brokecrazy said:

I am going through my videotaples keep or eliminate them.  Is anyone interested if these shows are on any of the tapes.  sorry about grammer.

I usually don't talk about grammar, but good lord (dont take that offensively), if you mean keeping or eliminating tapes with transit related guff. In my opinion, sure, keep it, and try archiving or recording it to digital form if you can, tapes like VHS and BETAMAX (lol, nobody used Betamax) degrade pretty badly after lots of usage or just sitting around in dust for a while, if it's really important, and cant archive it after holding onto it for a while, you could like the above post mentioned, sell it.

• 6 months later...

I want to rid my apt of these tapes.  My question should  have been: is anyone interested in these tapes?

I have been downsizing hoping to move to FL in 2 years when my station agent friend retires and pays me the money he owes me.

I have sold stuff to rapidtransitart and bigcitytransit on ebay(or bigtransitcity), a few leads on here and subtalk, uniontpke.

I still have about 2 1/2 tubs to rid of. They just sit  here.  TIme to share with the younger folks.

I have 23 vhs with at LEAST something about transit on them.  You would have to find it. the tapes are 6 or 8 ahours long.

transit transit, straphangers report in transit, news stories, Geraldo. some tapes are transit tapes.

and my vcr is malfunctioning so I am finished for the time being and found my posting.

I'm interested in the Transit Transit News Magazine tapes...send me a Private Message (PM) for more information...

27 minutes ago, brokecrazy said:

I want to rid my apt of these tapes.  My question should  have been: is anyone interested in these tapes?

I have been downsizing hoping to move to FL in 2 years when my station agent friend retires and pays me the money he owes me.

I have sold stuff to rapidtransitart and bigcitytransit on ebay(or bigtransitcity), a few leads on here and subtalk, uniontpke.

I still have about 2 1/2 tubs to rid of. They just sit  here.  TIme to share with the younger folks.

I have 23 vhs with at LEAST something about transit on them.  You would have to find it. the tapes are 6 or 8 ahours long.

transit transit, straphangers report in transit, news stories, Geraldo. some tapes are transit tapes.

and my vcr is malfunctioning so I am finished for the time being and found my posting.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:25 PM, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

I usually don't talk about grammar, but good lord (dont take that offensively), if you mean keeping or eliminating tapes with transit related guff. In my opinion, sure, keep it, and try archiving or recording it to digital form if you can, tapes like VHS and BETAMAX (lol, nobody used Betamax) degrade pretty badly after lots of usage or just sitting around in dust for a while, if it's really important, and cant archive it after holding onto it for a while, you could like the above post mentioned, sell it.

Sell it to who?  I am trying to give them away to someone who WILL share it with others online or elsewhere.  MOST of my VHS  tapes are in excellent condition.

I am asking others to help because I can't do it myself, don't know how to, or am unwilling.  Don't tell me to "Just do it" = "YOU DO IT FOR ME"  :')

3 minutes ago, brokecrazy said:

Sell it to who?  I am trying to give them away to someone who WILL share it with others online or elsewhere.  MOST of my VHS  tapes are in excellent condition.

I am asking others to help because I can't do it myself, don't know how to, or am unwilling.  Don't tell me to "Just do it" = "YOU DO IT FOR ME"  :')

The sell it statement was something I thought I'd acknowledge from R42N's post. Though I totally overlooked everything else in my March post in favor of proving my knowledge of VHS's and Betamaxes, over your actual concerns. My bad. 

Archived