Why is the planned T train going non-stop from Houston St to 14th St

EphraimB

This routing is in line with the 2nd Ave Elevated which had an express stop at 14th then continued express to Chatham Sq near Houston, I'd estimate the in-between stations were low use hence the relatively long express run in lower Manhattan. Given the profusion of bars, theaters and 2 large apartment complexes I'd acquiesce to an infill stop at 8th.

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Hence one of the reasons why 18th St was closed.

Anyway, as I said, there is really no such thing as 8th & 6th Aveue express because they don't skip that many stops as compared to 7th Avenue and Broadway, hence why I call them the 6th & 8th Avenue Limiteds.

Oh please lol.

9 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Where will the auxiliary entrances be? If the 14th Street station has an entrance at 12th Street and the Houston Street station has an entrance at 2nd Street, then those two entrances would be only 10 blocks apart and an intermediate station wouldn't be needed.

To do you one better, the current concepts for Houston and 14th have exits at 3rd and 11th, so the stations are a measly eight blocks away.

49 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

To do you one better, the current concepts for Houston and 14th have exits at 3rd and 11th, so the stations are a measly eight blocks away.

This is true,however the purpose of SAS is to siphon off riders from Lex;  so having the station at 7th/8th will attract riders from Alphabet City if/when the line reaches Brooklyn and the Bronx, right now it is a coin flop on whether people should walk to Astor Pl or the SAS stations at 14th/Houston

2 hours ago, Jsunflyguy said:

This is true,however the purpose of SAS is to siphon off riders from Lex;  so having the station at 7th/8th will attract riders from Alphabet City if/when the line reaches Brooklyn and the Bronx, right now it is a coin flop on whether people should walk to Astor Pl or the SAS stations at 14th/Houston

8 blocks is not anywhere near an abnormal length between stations: 23rd to Penn on the E is the same distance.

The time you lose from that additional stop is way more painful to Bronx and Brooklyn commuters than shaving two minutes off of a walk. 

Archived