Why did they put windows that can open on NYC subway trains

EphraimB

Because air conditioning can fail, and when it does ventilation will not be adequate. The main purpose of any window that can open is ventilation. A similar analogy would be a car on the road with no AC and closed windows on a hot, sunny day.

1 hour ago, EphraimB said:

Why did they put windows that can open on NYC subway trains? What's the point due to the fact that they put up a sign right on top of the window saying "Air-Conditioned Car Please close windows"?

There could be some times that the A/C could fail.

In fact, this should be in the Random Thoughts thread because I do not really know why this is in a separate thread.

4 hours ago, EphraimB said:

Why did they put windows that can open on NYC subway trains? What's the point due to the fact that they put up a sign right on top of the window saying "Air-Conditioned Car Please close windows"?

To give skinny people and children a way to escape cops and truant officers when delayed due to traffic traffic ahead.

(My answer was almost as stupid as this question.)

2 hours ago, 4 via Mosholu said:

There could be some times that the A/C could fail.

In fact, this should be in the Random Thoughts thread because I do not really know why this is in a separate thread.

What should and shouldn't be in the random thoughts thread and what deserves its own thread? What I asked was a question and NOT a random thought being shared.

3 minutes ago, EphraimB said:

What should and shouldn't be in the random thoughts thread and what deserves its own thread? What I asked was a question and NOT a random thought being shared.

What’s a random thought? Something you could look up on Wikipedia or NYCSubway.org but choose not to.

What’s a question that deserves its own thread? Something you couldn’t find info about and the answer isn’t obvious.

Everything's that's going awry with the subway in this city & here you are concerned about windows opening on subway trains....

Seriously, as opposed to what, riders suffocating to death?

Next thing you'll be asking is "which way did he go, george.... which way did he go"....

It's like you just discovered the NYC subway for the first time or something..... God damn, whoever the hell your wife is, I will personally give her a stack (that's $1000) just for her to give you the car back so you can STFU with this line of questioning across multiple threads.... Total waste of forum space.....

2 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Everything's that's going awry with the subway in this city & here you are concerned about windows opening on subway trains....

Seriously, as opposed to what, riders suffocating to death?

Next thing you'll be asking is "which way did he go, george.... which way did he go"....

It's like you just discovered the NYC subway for the first time or something..... God damn, whoever the hell your wife is, I will personally give her a stack (that's $1000) just for her to give you the car back so you can STFU with this line of questioning across multiple threads.... Total waste of forum space.....

I'm not even close to getting married. I'm an autistic 21-year old.

Archived