Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
BrooklynBus

Cops block sidewalks

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Cops also do this in bus lane. Let's hope that in 2021 we get a mayor who wants to take on the corrupt cops.

We can always hope, but it hasn't happened in the past 40 years. Another persistent problem is the illegal use of parking placards, many of whom are police officers, where there is a supposed crackdown every few years, but then it's business as usual again. Misuse of handicapped parking placards is yet another problem that is unaddressed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2018 at 11:01 PM, BrooklynBus said:

We can always hope, but it hasn't happened in the past 40 years. Another persistent problem is the illegal use of parking placards, many of whom are police officers, where there is a supposed crackdown every few years, but then it's business as usual again. Misuse of handicapped parking placards is yet another problem that is unaddressed. 

The lulz at watching this play out:
 

 

Sometimes I get the urge to start a SM account documenting every time I see NYPD run a red light for no reason other than refusing to wait (my favorite was watching one in an Altima flip the cherries on to go through the red at Fordham/Jerome to get to Twin Donuts and order), but since the Placard Abuse hasn't "fixed" anything...

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Deucey said:

The lulz at watching this play out:
 

 

Sometimes I get the urge to start a SM account documenting every time I see NYPD run a red light for no reason other than refusing to wait (my favorite was watching one in an Altima flip the cherries on to go through the red at Fordham/Jerome to get to Twin Donuts and order), but since the Placard Abuse hasn't "fixed" anything...

I once saw a police car wit lights and sirens pull into a Dunkin Donuts with no emergency inside. The officers slowly walked in. 

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2018 at 9:08 AM, Deucey said:

The lulz at watching this play out:
<video>

Sometimes I get the urge to start a SM account documenting every time I see NYPD run a red light for no reason other than refusing to wait (my favorite was watching one in an Altima flip the cherries on to go through the red at Fordham/Jerome to get to Twin Donuts and order), but since the Placard Abuse hasn't "fixed" anything...

Haha, I once got TOWED on Livingston Street, I parked my car along with everyone else , paid the meter and went to get something to eat. I got back and my car was towed. Waved down a cop car and told them I still had time left on the meter. They told me to look at the sign. "No Standing between 4PM-7PM." But ALL the other cars were STILL THERE, do you know why? PLACARDS!  (Which I didn't notice when I parked) :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, N6 Limited said:

Haha, I once got TOWED on Livingston Street, I parked my car along with everyone else , paid the meter and went to get something to eat. I got back and my car was towed. Waved down a cop car and told them I still had time left on the meter. They told me to look at the sign. "No Standing between 4PM-7PM." But ALL the other cars were STILL THERE, do you know why? PLACARDS!  (Which I didn't notice when I parked) :mellow:

Which makes no sense at all because the purpose of towing cars was to allow it to be used as a bus lane. Towing one car doesn't open up the lane. I would have been mad as hell.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

Which makes no sense at all because the purpose of towing cars was to allow it to be used as a bus lane. Towing one car doesn't open up the lane. I would have been mad as hell.

 

I was certainly not pleased, but I learned to throughly read the signs when parking, and to avoid driving to CBD areas in general (especially before 7PM) so they won't get more of my money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was livving in old apartment building at 1771 1st Av, across from M31/M86 bus stop, unmarked police car, just went diamogrally oncoming traffic without siren just to get parking space.

 

Even some news reporters are getting detain or arrested by cops.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well power corrupts, and specially people with uniform are prone to succumb to it.

The world your be a different place if they didn't 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.