Cops block sidewalks

50 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Cops also do this in bus lane. Let's hope that in 2021 we get a mayor who wants to take on the corrupt cops.

We can always hope, but it hasn't happened in the past 40 years. Another persistent problem is the illegal use of parking placards, many of whom are police officers, where there is a supposed crackdown every few years, but then it's business as usual again. Misuse of handicapped parking placards is yet another problem that is unaddressed. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 11:01 PM, BrooklynBus said:

We can always hope, but it hasn't happened in the past 40 years. Another persistent problem is the illegal use of parking placards, many of whom are police officers, where there is a supposed crackdown every few years, but then it's business as usual again. Misuse of handicapped parking placards is yet another problem that is unaddressed. 

The lulz at watching this play out:

Sometimes I get the urge to start a SM account documenting every time I see NYPD run a red light for no reason other than refusing to wait (my favorite was watching one in an Altima flip the cherries on to go through the red at Fordham/Jerome to get to Twin Donuts and order), but since the Placard Abuse hasn't "fixed" anything...

10 minutes ago, Deucey said:

Sometimes I get the urge to start a SM account documenting every time I see NYPD run a red light for no reason other than refusing to wait (my favorite was watching one in an Altima flip the cherries on to go through the red at Fordham/Jerome to get to Twin Donuts and order), but since the Placard Abuse hasn't "fixed" anything...

I once saw a police car wit lights and sirens pull into a Dunkin Donuts with no emergency inside. The officers slowly walked in. 

On 4/4/2018 at 9:08 AM, Deucey said:

<video>

Haha, I once got TOWED on Livingston Street, I parked my car along with everyone else , paid the meter and went to get something to eat. I got back and my car was towed. Waved down a cop car and told them I still had time left on the meter. They told me to look at the sign. "No Standing between 4PM-7PM." But ALL the other cars were STILL THERE, do you know why? PLACARDS!  (Which I didn't notice when I parked) :mellow:

9 minutes ago, N6 Limited said:

Haha, I once got TOWED on Livingston Street, I parked my car along with everyone else , paid the meter and went to get something to eat. I got back and my car was towed. Waved down a cop car and told them I still had time left on the meter. They told me to look at the sign. "No Standing between 4PM-7PM." But ALL the other cars were STILL THERE, do you know why? PLACARDS!  (Which I didn't notice when I parked) :mellow:

Which makes no sense at all because the purpose of towing cars was to allow it to be used as a bus lane. Towing one car doesn't open up the lane. I would have been mad as hell.

13 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

Which makes no sense at all because the purpose of towing cars was to allow it to be used as a bus lane. Towing one car doesn't open up the lane. I would have been mad as hell.

I was certainly not pleased, but I learned to throughly read the signs when parking, and to avoid driving to CBD areas in general (especially before 7PM) so they won't get more of my money. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived