MTA bus and car crash on Richmond Road, Grant City

BM5 via Woodhaven

http://www.silive.com/news/2018/03/crash_causes_traffic_jam_on_ri.html

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- A MTA bus and a car collided on Richmond Road in Grant City late on Thursday morning.

Initial reports indicated that an auto traveling in the opposite direction came into contact with the front left side of S76 bus No. 8226 at 10:59 a.m. at Richmond Road and Bedford Avenue,  according to a spokeswoman for the MTA. 

No passengers on the bus were injured, according to the MTA.

No one was transported to the hospital from the crash, a spokesman for the  FDNY/EMS spokesman said.

A witness told the advance that the airbags deployed on the SUV involved in the crash. The bus was headed towards Targee Street when the accident occurred, the witness said.

I'miss glad everyone was alright and nobody was seriously injured.

On a side note, they could've just said "northbound" or "ferry-bound" (there's no short-turns in Concord/Park Hill from the south, especially not at that hour). Not sure if the author wanted to make the point that the bus serves Park Hill or what with that phrasing.

• 3 months later...
On 3/15/2018 at 7:45 PM, JeremiahC99 said:

Did the bus involved in the accident suffer damage.

I'm a bit late but 8226 is back in service, saw it on the S66 about a week ago. I think the giant numbers on the front of the bus has something to do with the crash.

2 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

I'm a bit late but 8226 is back in service, saw it on the S66 about a week ago. I think the giant numbers on the front of the bus has something to do with the crash.

Do you mean 8126 from Charleston Depot? That bus had an accident in October 2017, since it collided with a van.

Just now, JeremiahC99 said:

Do you mean 8126 from Charleston Depot? That bus had an accident in October 2017, since it collided with a van.

I think 8126 was taken off the roster, Charleston has 8120-8125, 8127-8183.

Archived