Subway stairs and slips...

Deucey

Interesting little coincidence just now...

I get on (1) at 14th St/7th SW entrance; I slip on the stairs but recover. The man behind and to my right slips, falls and gets up.

I’m at South Ferry - Battery Park stairs. Woman descending to the platform past fare control slips, falls, takes two minutes and gets up and goes.

I and the guy at 14th were in an area where moisture and wet ground is supposed to happen; the lady at South Ferry is not.

So it makes me wonder: what tiles are (MTA) buying for its stations, since it seems like they’re not very slip resistant - whether outdoor or indoor?

1 hour ago, Deucey said:

Interesting little coincidence just now...

I get on (1) at 14th St/7th SW entrance; I slip on the stairs but recover. The man behind and to my right slips, falls and gets up.

I’m at South Ferry - Battery Park stairs. Woman descending to the platform past fare control slips, falls, takes two minutes and gets up and goes.

I and the guy at 14th were in an area where moisture and wet ground is supposed to happen; the lady at South Ferry is not.

So it makes me wonder: what tiles are (MTA) buying for its stations, since it seems like they’re not very slip resistant - whether outdoor or indoor?

I mentioned this before with the Grand Central station.

7 minutes ago, Deucey said:

Matter fact I slipped at Grand Central going from the uptown platform. 

lol... Smh... The scary thing I'd they're actually re-doing parts of Grand Central. There's also a new entrance on 42nd Street. I used it the other day when I wanted to go to the West Side.

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

lol... Smh... The scary thing I'd they're actually re-doing parts of Grand Central. There's also a new entrance on 42nd Street. I used it the other day when I wanted to go to the West Side.

But if they’re using smooth tiles instead of something with texture, then it’s still an unsafe place - regardless of whether shoe soles are worn out.

9 minutes ago, Deucey said:

But if they’re using smooth tiles instead of something with texture, then it’s still an unsafe place - regardless of whether shoe soles are worn out.

All I know is if people keep slipping the way you and I have it's only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured and sues. I almost slipped on the concourse area with the older red tiles and I find those to be much better than the ones on the platform.

24 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

All I know is if people keep slipping the way you and I have it's only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured and sues. I almost slipped on the concourse area with the older red tiles and I find those to be much better than the ones on the platform.

If I’m slipping in Timbs and Skechers, imagine how many sprained or broken ankles women have if they’re wearing heels.

Archived