NYC subway graffiti

EphraimB

It seems to me that you have never been on a R-46. This isn't anything out of the ordinary. It also seems that you keep to ignore other members. You have been told more than once, that these types of posts could easily go under the "Random Thoughts Section". And also I think you answer your own question..

31 minutes ago, EphraimB said:

Why does graffiti still exist in the NYC subway. I thought that they got rid of it.

Because Quite Frankly its getting out of hand. Your unrelated posts probably wont end here, but at least I've said my Peace.

Also, I'm not trying to moderate here in ANY way shape or form, I'm posting as a fed up member, who's tired of seeing these posts pop up all over the place, all the damn time.

2 hours ago, Dannny said:

Also, I'm not trying to moderate here in ANY way shape or form, I'm posting as a fed up member, who's tired of seeing these posts pop up all over the place, all the damn time.

In my opinion, people are much too triggered by these threads. Like, ok, someone made a thread on a forum. It's not going to ruin your day or something ridiculous like that. If you don't like seeing new threads, just don't click them. 

If someone is breaking the forum's rules, I'd rather see an actual moderator clarify as such, rather than some forum members who are much more offended than they should be.

Honestly guys, if you don't have the word "moderator" under your handle, please refrain from acting like you're forum staff. This whole backseat moderating from some of you has gotten way too annoying as of late. If newcomers want to ask their questions, let them ask their questions, regardless of how asinine you may feel they are. All of this hostility toward simple inquiries turns some people off and quite frankly scares them away. I've been on this forum for nearly ten years and I've seen many of you ask many of the same questions in that timespan. I highly doubt you would've appreciated having every question you posted responded back with either "look it up" or "use the correct thread". Show the same respect to these newcomers as was shown to you when you joined. If that's not possible, simply ignore the threads you don't really care for. Nobody's forcing you to read every thread on the forums.

5 hours ago, EphraimB said:

Why does graffiti still exist in the NYC subway. I thought that they got rid of it.

Graffiti in the subway is almost nonexistent because once a train is tagged, it is immediately removed from service and thoroughly cleaned, thus minimizing the chance the "artist's" work is actually seen by anyone. Scratchitti on the other hand, is prevalent because the "artists" carve their work on the surface of the train, which is harder to replace, especially on the older fleet of cars. It's not seen as much on the newer fleet of cars because they have scratchitti-proof covers on the windows and the wallpapers on the interiors can be easily replaced.

Graffiti/scrachitti will never fully go away. You can combat it, as the MTA does, and remove it from sight, but as long as there are disgruntled youths with no respect for other people's property, they will continue to tag the trains, and the buildings, and the bridges, and anything on land that doesn't move.

Archived