What risks am I going to go through if I go into work tomorrow?

EphraimB

I want to go to work tomorrow. I feel like I had enough off days from the past nor'easters. I go to work in lower Manhattan at the WeWork building at 115 Broadway. I work Monday - Thursdays from 10:30AM-1:30PM. What risks will I go through if I go to work tomorrow. I have the annoying 20-minute walk to the train station and then I take the (A) train to Fulton St.

37 minutes ago, EphraimB said:

I want to go to work tomorrow. I feel like I had enough off days from the past nor'easters. I go to work in lower Manhattan at the WeWork building at 115 Broadway. I work Monday - Thursdays from 10:30AM-1:30PM. What risks will I go through if I go to work tomorrow. I have the annoying 20-minute walk to the train station and then I take the (A) train to Fulton St.

Slush puddles. Ice comes the next day.

If winds are high enough and snowfall accumulation fast enough to cause icing, then the outdoor and elevated sections of the subway could close.

With the high wind and freezing rain conditions I'd imagine we'll lose the Rockaway branch at some point tomorrow, and a 45mph wind out of the North East  will be sure to add a chapter to everyone's favorite book: A Tree Grows in The Middle of Dyre Ave.

59 minutes ago, Deucey said:

Slush puddles. Ice comes the next day.

If winds are high enough and snowfall accumulation fast enough to cause icing, then the outdoor and elevated sections of the subway could close.

When would the Rockaway section be most likely to close?

48 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Seems like some people don't listen to the forecast... <_< 

In my case, when you work for a guy from Aspen, Colo., there’s no such thing as a blizzard that keeps you from showing up.

(His words, not mine, cuz my ass would WFH.)

I'll go out on a limb here & assume that this isn't yet another one of your troll threads....

As worded, I don't quite get your question.... Are you asking what risks are you taking by going to work today? FWIW, it's the same risk that the MTA is taking by putting snow chains on as many buses as they have so far.....

Me, if I have to go < 20mph from here back to Brooklyn later on, so be it.... I understand fearing for the worst, but there's not much of a point in dwelling on, or being hysterical about it..... I'm not even trying to be funny here, but (especially) if you live in a peninsula like the Rockaways, you should already know your backup plans if we in-fact get hit with all this snow that our good friend, the weatherman, is predicting..... A working 21 year old is not that young enough to not know these types of things.... You really do act like you've never taken mass transit before......

Anyway, personally, as always, I won't believe it until I see it.... Whatever happened to that last big storm we were supposed to get a couple weeks or so ago <_< :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, Deucey said:

In my case, when you work for a guy from Aspen, Colo., there’s no such thing as a blizzard that keeps you from showing up.

(His words, not mine, cuz my ass would WFH.)

Two of my co-workers live in Montclair and one got stranded in the city during the last storm and paid to stay in a hotel overnight. As a result of him being relatively new to cold weather (he's from Spain and had been living in Florida previously) he said he would just work from home going forward. Well my boss (the owner) tells him (he's our general manager) well I don't accept that. LMAO Then to make herself seem like less of a b, she goes we'll talk about it. He comes to my office which is next to his and goes, did you hear what she said to me?!?? I chuckled and said, yeah she'll close all our other locations but she won't close the New York office and let us work from home like a company in the 21st century because in her mind Manhattan rarely gets hit so there's no need to close. Last storm we had she sends an e-mail at like 03:30 saying oh I suggest we close shortly. We all bolted save our general manager. He's like oh I think I'll stay and finish up some e-mails. The trains are still running to New Jersey. I just looked at him and said to myself, yeah you'll see. I got on the first express bus I could back to Riverdale just in time. Didn't wanna chance it with how Metro-North has been lately. So everyone made it home except for him. The boss lives on the Upper East Side so she can leave whenever.

Archived