S89 Newark Airport Extension

Lil 57

I was thinking the other day that there should be an MTA Bus service to Newark Airport. Maybe have the S89 LTD bus run full time from Elentivlle to Newark Airport, serving terminals A, B, and C. If ridership goes up, they can turn the S89 into an SBS service.

Would be nice, but it will never happen. SBS is overkill on Richmond Avenue and is not needed.

If anything, as I have said before some 10 trips should come over the Bayonne Bridge and stop at Morningstar Road/Walker or do something like the GWB Bridge stop and have stops at the Bridge Plaza on the NY side.

On 3/21/2018 at 11:08 AM, Lil 57 said:

I was thinking the other day that there should be an MTA Bus service to Newark Airport. Maybe have the S89 LTD bus run full time from Elentivlle to Newark Airport, serving terminals A, B, and C. If ridership goes up, they can turn the S89 into an SBS service.

On 3/21/2018 at 3:23 PM, Orion6025 said:

I would've just created a fresh richmond route that runs over Goethals then up to EWR instead of repurposing the s89

On 3/21/2018 at 3:36 PM, checkmatechamp13 said:

I would have the route over the Goethals Bridge run via Forest (like the S98) insted of Richmond.

The S89 to EWR via Bayonne would be too much dead mileage & a new Richmond av route running to EWR via the Goethals wouldn't have enough of a reach... Another idea I remember being thrown around was to start up a point-to-point route b/w SIR Eltingville & EWR via ETC; which I think would even be worse, performance-wise.... I wouldn't bother running any type of SI service to EWR (as I believe the demand for NYC - Jersey Gdns. to be greater), but if I had to use a SI route to accomplish either (JG or EWR), it would be the S98 (which of course, would cease being a peak direction LTD & instead, an all day one).....

On 3/21/2018 at 1:17 PM, 161 New York said:

Would be nice, but it will never happen. SBS is overkill on Richmond Avenue and is not needed.

If anything, as I have said before some 10 trips should come over the Bayonne Bridge and stop at Morningstar Road/Walker or do something like the GWB Bridge stop and have stops at the Bridge Plaza on the NY side.

That wouldn't happen either, but I agree w/ the general logic behind runnig NJT#10's over the bridge for a short stint....

Archived