M2 cars ready for the scrap

Tracknut

• 1 month later...
The Connecticut DOT stated a while ago that they would like to have the new M-8s on the New Haven line by late 2008. Their current fleet (343 M-2 cars) is aging and needs to be replaced soon.

Late 2008 early 2009 is the expected delivery date for a six car test train of the kawasaki built M8 fleet. this was the last ive heard of it over the summer

Once Kawasaki gets done with R160Bs which shouldn't be long, they have to get the PA-5s out. THEN, thats when they'll get the M-8s in production. There should be a demo car by next year. So yeah, last I heard about the M8s, they might be changing the design. There was one already, but it wasn't the for sure design. We'll see the definate design very soon. But it'll look like an M7 with a pantograph on top and all that other stuff up on top.

We'll see, let Kawasaki get them PA-5s out first.......

Yes let the PATH have some fun too. Them poor PATH trains need to go.

No they don't. Those cars are work horses and they're going strong still. And this is coming from a very frequent rider on PATH....

One thing I really don't like is the PA-4s being retired along with everything else, those cars are only about 20 years old!

• 3 months later...
The Connecticut DOT stated a while ago that they would like to have the new M-8s on the New Haven line by late 2008. Their current fleet (343 M-2 cars) is aging and needs to be replaced soon.

M2 fleet size is 242, and they were built in 1971-73 by GE. They are good running cars and the bodies are made of rust resistant SST. The M8 cars are due in in 2009 to begin replacing the aging M2 fleet.

• 1 month later...
Yes let the PATH have some fun too. Them poor PATH trains need to go.

Yea, when i'm riding PATH i feel like i should be wearing bell bottoms & a sweat band to hold my 3 foot long hair outa my face.... Groovy man (not so much anymore though).

- Andy

Archived