MTA: ‘You don’t need your money as much as we do.’

Deucey

2 minutes ago, Deucey said:

I worked two days in a Mickey D's in the 90s and the store got robbed while I was at the register. Manager mad I gave up the money.

Like this fool really thought I should risk my life for $4.75/hr (CA min wage back then) because theft is wrong? My reply: "You'll be aight without that $50 in the till, and I'll find me another job."

So I get the Union on safety over collecting that $2.25 then.

Yeah, and it's been so publicized publicly that everyone knows the deal, so no need to come on with a story.  You can just walk on and take a seat, and who is going to say anything?  The only thing that may happen is they may press that F6 or F5 button (whichever it is). Big deal.

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yeah, and it's been so publicized publicly that everyone knows the deal, so no need to come on with a story.  You can just walk on and take a seat, and who is going to say anything?  The only thing that may happen is they may press that F6 or F5 button (whichever it is). Big deal.

I tend to push MFs that cut in line tryna get that single seat before us farepayeas. No one's come at me yet.

8 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

That doesn't make it okay. The board admitted that hiking the fares constantly like this is unsustainable. Why should people continue to use a service that continues to worsen AND pay more for it? It's the ultimate slap in the face. With anything else, people would be seeking other choices, and to a degree we're seeing that with Uber, Lyft and so on.

I wasn't condoning it. I'm just saying that this is the same old dog and pony show. The MTA goes boo-hoo, the politicians act like they're angry, and at the end of the day regular riders get a hike anyways.

1 hour ago, Deucey said:

I worked two days in a Mickey D's in the 90s and the store got robbed while I was at the register. Manager mad I gave up the money.

Like this fool really thought I should risk my life for $4.75/hr (CA min wage back then) because theft is wrong? My reply: "You'll be aight without that $50 in the till, and I'll find me another job."

So I get the Union on safety over collecting that $2.25 then.

The union probably started to advocate against employees forcing people off buses after that driver was fatally shot on the B46 in 2008 for refusing a transfer.

18 hours ago, bobtehpanda said:

Didn't the state literally pass a law that requires them to hike any two years anyways? We've been around this rodeo before.

Yes, back in 2009-2010. The same State Legislators who called it a "bailout" at the time complain now when the MTA actually follows their law. 

7 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

Word up...They should be lowering the fares...:D...Delays all over the places,signal problems,equipment malfunctions,on time performance low,....But yet we gotta pay increases almost every year...:o....But its crazing how when its time for the (MTA) to add wkend service on a trunk to help another line  or provide extended service to a certain line...WHERE'S THE MONEY COMING FROM....The big question in my mind is where our money going too...<_<

The law requires increases. 

On 3/22/2018 at 11:25 AM, Deucey said:

I blame hipsters for popularizing "Bring your Dog to Work, then let that canine piss and sh!t all over the damn place and expect everyone to step over/around it or clean it up."

Don't you DARE bash office dogs. They are awesome and cleeeeean. 

Archived