Transportation Alternatives Runs DOT

BrooklynBus

I do agree it's a shame when they use incidents like this to further their agenda. And the sad thing is, they have no consideration for those who take the buses along those redesigned streets.

I'm not sure if I told you this, but one of the projects they supported was a two-way protected bike lane along Narrows Road North (the service road to the SIE). When I said that it would take a lane out of a congested area and it affects the buses that go there, they didn't even realize there were buses along Narrows Road North (the S53/93 and depending on the time of day, either the X10 or X14). I'm like yeah, I take those buses to work, and I'm trying to "do the right thing" and take mass transit to reduce congestion and carbon emissions and you're screwing me over so you can have your bicyclist utopia.

6 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I do agree it's a shame when they use incidents like this to further their agenda. And the sad thing is, they have no consideration for those who take the buses along those redesigned streets.

I'm not sure if I told you this, but one of the projects they supported was a two-way protected bike lane along Narrows Road North (the service road to the SIE). When I said that it would take a lane out of a congested area and it affects the buses that go there, they didn't even realize there were buses along Narrows Road North (the S53/93 and depending on the time of day, either the X10 or X14). I'm like yeah, I take those buses to work, and I'm trying to "do the right thing" and take mass transit to reduce congestion and carbon emissions and you're screwing me over so you can have your bicyclist utopia.

Lmao at the last part did they get triggered?

10 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I lost all respect for Paul Steely White when I heard him speak about 15 years ago. At that time, I wasn't that familiar with them and just wanted to hear what he had to say. There were about 100 people waiting for him. He shows up 15 minutes late, sweating like a pig in July and proudly announces he just rode eight miles on his bike to get there. He couldn't blame the subways why he was late and I doubt traffic affected his running red lights. So to look like that when you know you are going to speak in public and being late because he couldn't plan correctly shows what type of ass he is. He couldn't take a subway or bus just so he could proudly state he arrived by bike. 

On 3/25/2018 at 12:24 AM, checkmatechamp13 said:

Couldn't you just let bicycles back on sidewalks and call it a day? I prefer having areas converted to bus lanes over bike lanes, and bike lanes are to me only necessary around parks (surrounding streets) and in areas with lots of tourist traffic. 

11 hours ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Couldn't you just let bicycles back on sidewalks and call it a day? I prefer having areas converted to bus lanes over bike lanes, and bike lanes are to me only necessary around parks (surrounding streets) and in areas with lots of tourist traffic. 

I agree that in areas where there are few or no pedestrians on the sidewalk, it could be safely shared as it is done in many other places. Look at their new pilot program to allow bikes to get ahead start on the motor vehicles by letting them go with the walk signal. Doesn't that interfere with pedestrians especially when bikes are turning? How many will give pedestrians the right of way? 

4 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Lmao! These get better and better. Yeah, no, the tiny advocacy group does not "run" DOT. This sounds like a Fox News piece.

They don't? So why do they get everything they ask for? In 2015, Trottenberg stated "our engineers believe that 30 mph is the correct speed limit for Queens Blvd" after lowering it from 35 mph. Transportation Alternatives insisted it be lowered to 25 mph and three months later the speed limit was lowered once again to 25 mph.

Then she announces a few months ago that Queens Blvd is safer than ever with no pedestrian fatalities for two years. Now DOT reveals plans to rip up the newly installed bike lanes and replace them with new bike lanes. How much more proof do you need? 

2 hours ago, BrooklynBus said:

They don't? So why do they get everything they ask for? In 2015, Trottenberg stated "our engineers believe that 30 mph is the correct speed limit for Queens Blvd" after lowering it from 35 mph. Transportation Alternatives insisted it be lowered to 25 mph and three months later the speed limit was lowered once again to 25 mph.

Then she announces a few months ago that Queens Blvd is safer than ever with no pedestrian fatalities for two years. Now DOT reveals plans to rip up the newly installed bike lanes and replace them with new bike lanes. How much more proof do you need? 

He is right they have the mayor and DOT wrapped around their finger. Cause the MTA always gets strong armed into making changes always citing "vision zero" as forced by the DOT

Archived