Which trains should receive wrapping?

MTR Admiralty

Which trains should be wrapped?  

1. 1. Which trains should be wrapped?

Well as everyone knows, the MTA is in a crazy desire to pump money without killing our money... and one way is by wrapping the trains.

The R62s have HISTORY CHANNEL themed ads wrapped on the side...

So how bout if the MTA wraps sum of the div B cars...

Now which trains should receive wrapping?

I personally say R46 since, they used to have the blue strip (as with the R44s)... having SUMTHING back in lieu of the blue strip makes the train more aesthetically appealing... u cud say the same for the r44, but for me... ill stick with the r46

I would say R44, R46, R68, R143, AND R160, but I can't vote for more than one in the poll for some reason. The reason I don't vote for anything earlier than R44 is because of what RokuSix said, about the ribbed edges. It just wouldn't look right.

yea... well perhaps... they could wrap da upper portion of da car body. say above da pringles. wat u guys dink?

lols yea... like how hideous da shuttle cars look.

Really? I think they look OK, just like when some buses were completely wrapped. What I'm saying is, I think it wouldn't work at all with ribbing, even on the flat part, but on a car that's mostly flat it's fine. Although I do think if it's in a stripe like on most other R62/A's it's better than a full wrap.

Really? I think they look OK, just like when some buses were completely wrapped. What I'm saying is, I think it wouldn't work at all with ribbing, even on the flat part, but on a car that's mostly flat it's fine. Although I do think if it's in a stripe like on most other R62/A's it's better than a full wrap.

nah da wraps r horrendous

i was on da shuttle a few mos ago... they were doing coca cola...

da c/r's door was a vending machine!

:eek:

what do you mean?

if you mean scrapping 1959 - 1963 subway car.

the first subway car to be reef is R38.

R38 is in bad condtion.

I would reef the R38.

or giving R160b or R160A to jamica yard to (E) , (F) , (G) , (R) , (V)

that will help queens blvd line customer.

how about reefing the rail33m #8888 - #8889 that in westchester yard

#8888 - #8889 is known work equipent cars.

but #8888 - #8889 not painted in black and yellow scheme car known

work equipment cars.

how about renaming #8888 - #8889 to RD464 - RD465

what do you mean?

if you mean scrapping 1959 - 1963 subway car.

the first subway car to be reef is R38.

R38 is in bad condtion.

I would reef the R38.

or giving R160b or R160A to jamica yard to (E) , (F) , (G) , (R) , (V)

that will help queens blvd line customer.

how about reefing the rail33m #8888 - #8889 that in westchester yard

#8888 - #8889 is known work equipent cars.

but #8888 - #8889 not painted in black and yellow scheme car known

work equipment cars.

how about renaming #8888 - #8889 to RD464 - RD465

HUH??? sorry dude... i think ur post is under da wrong thread.

I'm surprised that so far it's all or nothing with none in the lead. I'm for all, since I'm more of a function over form kinda guy. :D

Well, I've made a decision.

Based on the fact that I would like more than one class of car to be wrapped, I selected "all," which as of this post puts "all" in the lead, Radioguy.

:D

so in other words... u prefer them utilitarian over being aesthetical... am i rite?

Well, I do like the aesthetics of design, which is why I still love the slants (although I wish there were R160 slants). I just believe that the bare steel surfaces need not be so for the cars to be aesthetically pleasing otherwise. In fact, I posted some of my misgivings over some aspects of internal wrapping in another thread. I believe that should be more limited that what we have seen so far.

Also, external wrapping helps preserve exterior surfaces from the elements, which is an added bonus to maintenance costs.

Archived