Can buses show feasability of subway lines

KK 6 Ave Local

OOPS I PRESSED ENTER

What I meant: I think this is a good way of understanding if a proposed subway route is going to serve a desert or be complete trash.

How it works: 1.We make a proposed subway line, see what buses run along the line, and find out how many people ride it.

Example: The Utica Ave subway is DEFINITELY worth it, as the B46, the line that runs there, is the most popular in the... nation. 

Hope you like this thread :D 

They can only i dicate where subway service would be a good idea... They don't necessarily dictate the feasibility of a subway line considering that much more goes into the planning of a subway route than just potential ridership.

And they already use this logic lmao 

This to me seems like nothing more than masking a subway proposal thread in the bus section here.... I mean really, you can look at the subway map itself to determine if some proposed route would serve a "desert" or not..... You don't need to analyze the usage of the bus routes that would run along/around some proposed subway line to come to such a determination....

On 4/8/2018 at 1:19 PM, thicctrain said:

OOPS I PRESSED ENTER

What I meant: I think this is a good way of understanding if a proposed subway route is going to serve a desert or be complete trash.

How it works: 1.We make a proposed subway line, see what buses run along the line, and find out how many people ride it.

Example: The Utica Ave subway is DEFINITELY worth it, as the B46, the line that runs there, is the most popular in the... nation. 

Hope you like this thread :D 

It depends, though, because different lines have different lengths, so it's per-mile ridership which counts more than just total ridership (which the B46 still does very well in that regard).

Archived