Do you vote?

metsfan

Do you plan to vote this year?  

1. 1. Do you plan to vote this year?

• YES!
    • Nah.

If so... I have a question for you.

If you do vote, you may be angered about some various "kinks" in our democratic system that have happened over the last several years.

How would you feel then if i told you that the company that makes electronic voting machines also makes the majority of ATM equipment in the world, and that when you use their machines you get a receipt. They are sponsors of the republican party, and regularly contribute large sums to the GOP.

That being said you might feel a bit confused. A bit yes, till you connect the dots with the fact that their voting machines, which are not tamper-proof on any level don't even give you the voter a simple slip of paper telling you who you voted for. The only way to verify is with the easily manipulated data on memory cards.

So i ask you, when you go to vote this year, could you be so kind as to inquire the staff at the various locations to provide some type of hard copy to verify your actions on the machine? If they say no, simply take a photo of the info before you pull the lever etc.

This is our country, for the people, by the people and OF the people. If we don't take the steps needed to get the power back into our hands, they will continue to manipulate elections as they did in 2000, and 2004.

- A

If so... I have a question for you.

If you do vote, you may be angered about some various "kinks" in our democratic system that have happened over the last several years.

How would you feel then if i told you that the company that makes electronic voting machines also makes the majority of ATM equipment in the world, and that when you use their machines you get a receipt. They are sponsors of the republican party, and regularly contribute large sums to the GOP.

That being said you might feel a bit confused. A bit yes, till you connect the dots with the fact that their voting machines, which are not tamper-proof on any level don't even give you the voter a simple slip of paper telling you who you voted for. The only way to verify is with the easily manipulated data on memory cards.

So i ask you, when you go to vote this year, could you be so kind as to inquire the staff at the various locations to provide some type of hard copy to verify your actions on the machine? If they say no, simply take a photo of the info before you pull the lever etc.

This is our country, for the people, by the people and OF the people. If we don't take the steps needed to get the power back into our hands, they will continue to manipulate elections as they did in 2000, and 2004.

- A

That's excellent fan you're right on the money. As i understood it to be, a private agency will have the oversight over the voting machines. Most people think that the voting machines are being monitor by public agency. I guest we have another cunning election coming. What you said about each voter's responsibility to document their vote is important but they must be a better way to do that. Voters should not have to think twice about their vote being recorded that should be automatic. Every time a voter initiate a vote that single vote should be part of public record. I will be participating in setting up for the election in some part of New York city. I will brought that up ...I'm sure Obama's campaign is aware of this situation. After what happen to AL GORE they couldn't be that blind.

That's excellent fan you're right on the money. As i understood it to be, a private agency will have the oversight over the voting machines. Most people think that the voting machines are being monitor by public agency. I guest we have another cunning election coming. What you said about each voter's responsibility to document their vote is important but they must be a better way to do that. Voters should not have to think twice about their vote being recorded that should be automatic. Every time a voter initiate a vote that single vote should be part of public record. I will be participating in setting up for the election in some part of New York city. I will brought that up ...I'm sure Obama's campaign is aware of this situation. After what happen to AL GORE they couldn't be that blind.

Kerry got screwed too by 3 million votes switched to W. Media didn't cover it. Every other voting country has a better system than ours, including iraq!

- A

Archived