Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
<6>PelhamExp

Best NTT Announcer

Posted (edited)

I find it funny when to voices mix in the same announcement.

(Jessica) "THIS IS A MANHATTAN BOUND (5) VIA THE 7TH AVENUE LINE,(Dianne) the next stop is, 96 st."

You literally got some chick screaming at you. And then it goes to a nice peaceful grandma voice. 

But imo, the entire A division (except(7) is good to my ears.

All the B division announcements I dislike except the (E)(L), and (J)(Z)

Edited by Q23 via 108

While this thread is about the pre-recorded announcements, I'd like to go retro for a moment and talk about 2 memorable conductors and their respective announcements:

1- An older gentleman on the F train would announce each transfer option with the suffix of "train"....for example: "This is Roosevelt Avenue - Jackson Heights. Transfer here to the E Train, M Train and R Train. 7 train upstairs, Q-70 bus to LaGuardia Airport downstairs. This is an F train to Kings Highway. Next stop 21 St. Queensbridge. Stand clear of the closing doors". His persona fit right in with the older trains in which he made the announcements - the one with orange seats and an old scroll sign (sorry, I'm not familiar with the make and models of the subway cars - all I know that it wasn't a Bombardier).

2- Also an older gent on the 7 train. He sounded like a world-weary type of guy who's seen it all. Even 20+ years later, I recall his frustration with a passenger interfering with the doors: "Lady - You're something else".

2 hours ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

While this thread is about the pre-recorded announcements, I'd like to go retro for a moment and talk about 2 memorable conductors and their respective announcements:

1- An older gentleman on the F train would announce each transfer option with the suffix of "train"....for example: "This is Roosevelt Avenue - Jackson Heights. Transfer here to the E Train, M Train and R Train. 7 train upstairs, Q-70 bus to LaGuardia Airport downstairs. This is an F train to Kings Highway. Next stop 21 St. Queensbridge. Stand clear of the closing doors". His persona fit right in with the older trains in which he made the announcements - the one with orange seats and an old scroll sign (sorry, I'm not familiar with the make and models of the subway cars - all I know that it wasn't a Bombardier).

2- Also an older gent on the 7 train. He sounded like a world-weary type of guy who's seen it all. Even 20+ years later, I recall his frustration with a passenger interfering with the doors: "Lady - You're something else".

A few years ago, there was an annoying operator on the (D) who would yell that the D doesn’t stop at DeKalb Avenue. Every. Single. Stop. Yes, the D does stop at DeKalb at night, but yelling that at every stop during rush hour doesn’t make any sense. 

Is there a different announcer for (Q) after 57th St? I swear today I heard a deeper voice announcing transfers at Lex going toward 96th St