Large gap in scheduled Dyre Av service

vrb456

I am currently studying the NYC subway schedule, and saw that there is a large gap in northbound Dyre Av service. (Note that I am talking about the regular schedule, starting again April 28, when weekend Dyre Av service resumes). During saturdays, there are no scheduled trains from E 180 st towards Dyre Av between the last (5) at 12:03 am and the first (2) at 2:16 am. Meanwhile, there are southbound (2) trains from Dyre Av every 20 minutes during this period. These trains must come from somwhere, I suppose they run empty towards Dyre Av? Is there any reason for this?

28 minutes ago, Italianstallion said:

The first northbound 2 is not at 2:16. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. There are northbound 2s every 20  minutes earlier than that, with no large gaps.

I am pretty sure that the pdf schedule lists the trips in chronological order, so the bottom of the Saturday northbound page in the pdf schedule actually refers to sunday mornings.  There are no scheduled (2) before 2:16 on Saturdays. Try searching with the Trip planner for April 28 (not April 14 or April 21, when the Dyre Av line is closed).

4 hours ago, vrb456 said:

I am pretty sure that the pdf schedule lists the trips in chronological order, so the bottom of the Saturday northbound page in the pdf schedule actually refers to sunday mornings.  There are no scheduled (2) before 2:16 on Saturdays. Try searching with the Trip planner for April 28 (not April 14 or April 21, when the Dyre Av line is closed).

Did you look at the n/b (2) schedule from Friday into Saturday ? Or the Saturday into Sunday schedule for the (2) or the (5) ? I think that's what Italianstallion is trying to steer you to.   Either n/b (2) trains or n/b (5) trains from East 180th St on Friday nights, one or the other is going into Dyre Avenue. Because the lines are NTT it wouldn't matter which line went up there any way. Carry on.

The (2) and (5) Friday schedules are not completely accurate after 10pm anyway (the transition periods aren't noted), MTA runs a supplement schedule for Friday evenings and early Saturday mornings, but doesn't show this at all. There is no Dyre shuttle on Friday into Saturday, that part is missing on the schedules.

Archived