Would NJ benefit from a massive transportation system

Light Rail only serve Jersey City,Newark and some parts of South Jersey. 

Buses go everywhere but are unreliable,incovience and in some areas overcrowded. 

If Nj has buses,light rail,rail and subway going through all 21 counties. Then NJ would have great public transportation but that will never happen in America

3 hours ago, A Former New Yorker said:

Well as far as subway/light rail are concerned. There are some places in NJ mostly South with no bus service of any kind. 

Does all of NJ need public transportstion service? NJT deliberately doesn't serve every square inch of the state because much of the population can drive and doesn't have much of a use for public transportation.

7 hours ago, A Former New Yorker said:

Well as far as subway/light rail are concerned. There are some places in NJ mostly South with no bus service of any kind.

7 hours ago, A Former New Yorker said:

Light Rail only serve Jersey City,Newark and some parts of South Jersey. 

Buses go everywhere but are unreliable,incovience and in some areas overcrowded. 

If Nj has buses,light rail,rail and subway going through all 21 counties. Then NJ would have great public transportation but that will never happen in America

You're moving the goalpost here.... You originally inquired about size & now you're talking about quality.....

I'm not an advocate of supplying public transportation any old where, just to say that it exists there.... That's crazy to me.

I have said this on here before & I think it bears repeating.... People generally don't move to the suburbs (and especially rural areas) to rely on public transportation.

Give me the people that are moving out to Warren county to rely on the #890/891 to get around....

Well

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

You're moving the goalpost here.... You originally inquired about size & now you're talking about quality.....

I'm not an advocate of supplying public transportation any old where, just to say that it exists there.... That's crazy to me.

I have said this on here before & I think it bears repeating.... People generally don't move to the suburbs (and especially rural areas) to rely on public transportation.

Give me the people that are moving out to Warren county to rely on the #890/891 to get around....

Well there are no light rail going to the suburbs that would be ridiculous. 

Rail lines could take people to/from the suburbs to major cities

On 4/15/2018 at 8:24 PM, A Former New Yorker said:

Well there are no light rail going to the suburbs that would be ridiculous. 

Rail lines could take people to/from the suburbs to major cities

On 4/16/2018 at 1:12 PM, A Former New Yorker said:

What i mean is light rail and/or subway going to places were they have established public transportation. Even in some of the suburbs. There some form of bus service

Even within reason, I'm not understanding how massive you want this fictional transportation system out in NJ to be...... Not to say that NJT is perfect, but it seems to me like you're undermining just how large NJT is.....

16 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Even within reason, I'm not understanding how massive you want this fictional transportation system out in NJ to be...... Not to say that NJT is perfect, but it seems to me like you're undermining just how large NJT is.....

When i mean massive I mean in how the UK and Japan operate there transportation systems. They have lines going all over the place and this should apply for the rest of the Us

44 minutes ago, A Former New Yorker said:

When i mean massive I mean in how the UK and Japan operate there transportation systems. They have lines going all over the place and this should apply for the rest of the Us

I think you're trying to portray the state of NJ as something that it simply isn't.... There should not be "lines going all over the place", as you put it....  It's like you're ignoring how many well-off suburban enclaves & just how vast the state's rural areas are..... The notion/mindset of car country, USA is going nowhere - I don't care how massive/expansive or extensive it's mass transit network is.......

52 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

I think you're trying to portray the state of NJ as something that it simply isn't.... There should not be "lines going all over the place", as you put it....  It's like you're ignoring how many well-off suburban enclaves & just how vast the state's rural areas are..... The notion/mindset of car country, USA is going nowhere - I don't care how massive/expansive or extensive it's mass transit network is.......

Oh I'm sorry I'm not well versed in transportation. I know now that the USA will always be a car county.

19 hours ago, A Former New Yorker said:

Oh I'm sorry I'm not well versed in transportation. I know now that the USA will always be a car county.

You don't have to be well versed in transportation to know of NJ's (or any other state's) residential & geographical makeup....

...and spare me the sarcasm.

Archived