Train Operator study guide

Dan05979

so you just learn from question and answers? it must be a hard test.

That stuff isn't on the test really. What you should pay attention to from those questions though are the ones where you have to read a rule and then answer questions about that rule because it deals with reading comprehension and you'll get asked stuff like that. You won't get asked anything technical but its good to get exposed to it since they will go over all that in schoolcar if you get hired.

The test will be reading comprehension and general NYC info, nothing technical since they assume you dont know anything technical going in since you haven't been through school car and face it, most people taking the test are not railfans/transit buffs/into the hobby

That stuff isn't on the test really. What you should pay attention to from those questions though are the ones where you have to read a rule and then answer questions about that rule because it deals with reading comprehension and you'll get asked stuff like that. You won't get asked anything technical but its good to get exposed to it since they will go over all that in schoolcar if you get hired.

The test will be reading comprehension and general NYC info, nothing technical since they assume you dont know anything technical going in since you haven't been through school car and face it, most people taking the test are not railfans/transit buffs/into the hobby

Yeah. One of my co-workers in my current job applied too and she knows nothing about the trains. I was like, why you applying for?

How do you know if hes using that version? Cuz there is an updated edition for the 21st centry unlike that one which is the 90s.. Plus those books that look like that are discontinued editions, just like the Conductor/Bus Operator book, becuz its old

http://www.passbooks.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2980

I have this book^^ Bought it at the Civil Service store in Aug, great condition and fully updated.. With a Mix of questions from NYCTA to Metro in miami lol But really im getting my C/Rs book, bookmark that page or thr the Main URL :D

The test is easy itself, common sense stuff.

No its not, have you ever even seen a question in book?, thats why the T/A wants you to experience a job with em before T/Oing, ive read the questions in the book and they are REALLY hard, maybe the C/R (which i gotta see) but the T/o forget about, ill show u the book when ya cum over here

Archived