Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
BreeddekalbL

Cr benched cause doors closed on deblasio?

Recommended Posts

Quote

Mayor de Blasio is no stranger to being slammed by the MTA, but this time he swears it didn’t happen.

Still, a conductor was yanked from duty last week and given a drug and alcohol test after a transit worker accused him of hitting Hizzoner with a train door, the Daily News has learned. (See below for my comment)

Honestly if I was in this situation I would sue because wth is this?

Edited by MysteriousBtrain
Can't edit comment out of quote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This makes me angry to read. I've had countless c/rs close doors on me but when suddenly it happens to DeBlasio, it's an issue.

I'd also like to add that if the conductor did it intentionally in protest of DeBlasio it should (imo) be considered an act of free speech and protected by the first amendment. 

Edited by kosciusko
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DeBlasio and his employees deny that this happened...

This is confusing as hell.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, P3F said:

DeBlasio and his employees deny that this happened...

This is confusing as hell.

Fake news? 😆

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my God… you got hit by a subway train door? Are you bleeding? Are you mortally wounded?

  • Thanks 1
  • LMAO! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CenSin said:

Oh my God… you got hit by a subway train door? Are you bleeding? Are you mortally wounded?

TBH, this is clear proof that DeBlasio doesn't even ride the subway on a regular basis (which ALL of us knew already) but to make a big deal off getting slammed by a door when all of us get slammed every day.........

 

Who though that this was newsworthy for Crying out loud?? ?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now conductors and platform controllers (aren't they really conductors on restricted duty?) will probably stop talking to each other now that they got a conductor pulled from service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

And now conductors and platform controllers (aren't they really conductors on restricted duty?) will probably stop talking to each other now that they got a conductor pulled from service.

Platform is a job that restricted duty personnel can pick into but it's not necessarily just for them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LGA Link N train said:

TBH, this is clear proof that DeBlasio doesn't even ride the subway on a regular basis (which ALL of us knew already) but to make a big deal off getting slammed by a door when all of us get slammed every day.........

 

To clarify, it wasn't DeBlasio who first reported this story. It was a platform controller at Atlantic Avenue; the mayor's staff are the ones not making a big deal out of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CenSin said:

Oh my God… you got hit by a subway train door? Are you bleeding? Are you mortally wounded?

I will say that those damn subway doors hurt. A few weeks ago I was waiting at 72nd street for the (C) to find the car I was about to get in packed with tourists going to the Museum at the next stpp, so I run to the next car which has barely enough room for me to get on, and just get in before having the damn door partially slam on my finger before I could get out of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kosciusko said:

This makes me angry to read. I've had countless c/rs close doors on me but when suddenly it happens to DeBlasio, it's an issue.

I'd also like to add that if the conductor did it intentionally in protest of DeBlasio it should (imo) be considered an act of free speech and protected by the first amendment. 

1st amendment only applies to government censorship of private citizens. Doesn't apply to employees of an organization.

It's why you can call DeBlasio shit on here and be fine but do it as a member of his staff and you're fired. It's also why organizations have codes of conduct for employees.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deucey said:

1st amendment only applies to government censorship of private citizens. Doesn't apply to employees of an organization.

true, but I think the rights should extend to people working as government employees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Platform is a job that restricted duty personnel can pick into but it's not necessarily just for them.

Disgruntled employee in this case? Maybe a conductor who got written up himself. Bad blood between him and the conductor? Maybe bench and drug test this platform conductor too. See what his deal is. I don’t hear De Blasio or his staff saying boo about it, so why don’t Transit brass find out why this guy is making such an accusation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on what I read and from the statement from the DeBlasio admin., it sounds like Transit needed a reason to bench this guy and found a convenient excuse.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lance said:

Based on what I read and from the statement from the DeBlasio admin., it sounds like Transit needed a reason to bench this guy and found a convenient excuse.

I say the employee should sue and dispute his benching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.