Cr benched cause doors closed on deblasio?

BreeddekalbL

Mayor de Blasio is no stranger to being slammed by the MTA, but this time he swears it didn’t happen.

Still, a conductor was yanked from duty last week and given a drug and alcohol test after a transit worker accused him of hitting Hizzoner with a train door, the Daily News has learned. (See below for my comment)

Honestly if I was in this situation I would sue because wth is this?

This makes me angry to read. I've had countless c/rs close doors on me but when suddenly it happens to DeBlasio, it's an issue.

I'd also like to add that if the conductor did it intentionally in protest of DeBlasio it should (imo) be considered an act of free speech and protected by the first amendment. 

12 minutes ago, CenSin said:

Oh my God… you got hit by a subway train door? Are you bleeding? Are you mortally wounded?

TBH, this is clear proof that DeBlasio doesn't even ride the subway on a regular basis (which ALL of us knew already) but to make a big deal off getting slammed by a door when all of us get slammed every day.........

Who though that this was newsworthy for Crying out loud?? ?

38 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

And now conductors and platform controllers (aren't they really conductors on restricted duty?) will probably stop talking to each other now that they got a conductor pulled from service.

Platform is a job that restricted duty personnel can pick into but it's not necessarily just for them.

1 hour ago, LGA Link N train said:

TBH, this is clear proof that DeBlasio doesn't even ride the subway on a regular basis (which ALL of us knew already) but to make a big deal off getting slammed by a door when all of us get slammed every day.........

To clarify, it wasn't DeBlasio who first reported this story. It was a platform controller at Atlantic Avenue; the mayor's staff are the ones not making a big deal out of this.

2 hours ago, CenSin said:

Oh my God… you got hit by a subway train door? Are you bleeding? Are you mortally wounded?

I will say that those damn subway doors hurt. A few weeks ago I was waiting at 72nd street for the (C) to find the car I was about to get in packed with tourists going to the Museum at the next stpp, so I run to the next car which has barely enough room for me to get on, and just get in before having the damn door partially slam on my finger before I could get out of the way.

13 hours ago, kosciusko said:

This makes me angry to read. I've had countless c/rs close doors on me but when suddenly it happens to DeBlasio, it's an issue.

I'd also like to add that if the conductor did it intentionally in protest of DeBlasio it should (imo) be considered an act of free speech and protected by the first amendment. 

1st amendment only applies to government censorship of private citizens. Doesn't apply to employees of an organization.

It's why you can call DeBlasio shit on here and be fine but do it as a member of his staff and you're fired. It's also why organizations have codes of conduct for employees.

2 hours ago, Deucey said:

1st amendment only applies to government censorship of private citizens. Doesn't apply to employees of an organization.

true, but I think the rights should extend to people working as government employees. 

5 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Platform is a job that restricted duty personnel can pick into but it's not necessarily just for them.

Disgruntled employee in this case? Maybe a conductor who got written up himself. Bad blood between him and the conductor? Maybe bench and drug test this platform conductor too. See what his deal is. I don’t hear De Blasio or his staff saying boo about it, so why don’t Transit brass find out why this guy is making such an accusation?

Archived