SI Express Route Public Hearing Request, M4 Truncation, July 2018 Schedule Changes

checkmatechamp13

1 minute ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

There is a 4th information center in Mariners Harbor (Forest & Union). They were there this past Friday and Monday and will be there this upcoming Friday 

Oh, why didn't they mentioned it over the announcement system? They only mentioned South Beach, Hylan & Tysens and the ETC.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lil 57 said:

Oh, why didn't they mentioned it over the announcement system? They only mentioned South Beach, Hylan & Tysens and the ETC.

Beats me lol I guess the North Shore is the forgotten section of the forgotten borough.

I'm going to try and go there before work (I catch the X30 further down normally) and I'm going to be pissed if I got up early for nothing.

On 7/26/2018 at 9:14 AM, Future ENY OP said:

From reading this if Staten Island’s re-design is bad. I can imagine how Brooklyn will be. I see eliminations of express bus service and local buses as a result. 

Simple: “X”s becomes “BM”s basically

On 7/26/2018 at 9:14 AM, Future ENY OP said:

From reading this if Staten Island’s re-design is bad. I can imagine how Brooklyn will be. I see eliminations of express bus service and local buses as a result. 

Simple: “X”s becomes “BM”s basically

As far as for the M4’s reason of why it was cut to 32nd St & 5th Ave is due to the widening of the sidewalk. 

As for the reimagining of boroughs, the next one on the list is The Bronx. There are certain areas that need transit options (like those south of Lafayette Ave east of the Bronx River or Edenwald Ave that hasn’t seen service since 1984). Over by the northeast side, it’s virtually empty with larger gaps south of 233rd St & Baychester Ave. Although Boston Rd south of Gun Hill Rd is open door by Bee-Line buses, a MTA operated limited bus service north of Pelham Parkway can ease some of the crowding on the BL buses. 

I went to Forest & Maple yesterday  (I thought it was the X30 stop on the westbound side, but it was actually the X12/42 stop on the eastbound side) to meet with the MTA officials (nobody from the Operations Planning was there, but the community outreach representatives said that Operations Planning had received my blog post and are looking into the schedules to make sure they have adequate spans, frequencies, and coverage). They said that some of those trips may need to be covered by extras, since the runs were already out for picking, but they will be on the schedule.

They also told me that they will be proactively dispatching buses, especially with regards to the "via NJ" routes, since they have that big I-495 viaduct project coming up. So trips may be rerouted via Brooklyn as needed.

New SIM destination codes loaded into buses, including codes for the SIM23 and SIM24 (not operated by MTA).

Side Note: Former NJT buses D4000's with Academy livery are on the x23/x24, be on the lookout for bus 1934. Front seats removed and replaced by farebox.

Still (unbelievably and *NOT* shocking), full bus operator paddles *NOT* visible internally. We are picking, but we only see highly summarized information example

SIM1 P/O YU 13:00 ELVTC 13:05 CPS6A 14:00 SIM1 CPS6A 14:05 ELVTC 15:02 P/I YU 15:05
**SWING 15:05 P/O YU S79-SBS 15:25 MARSH 15:30 FOA86 16:30 MARSH 17:30 FOA86 18:30 MARSH 19:30 CLEAR 19:35

Obviously not a real paddle, but for illustrative purposes only.

No idea what the run time is. Unfortunately, the SIM1c start times at Central Park are eerily similar to the existing x1 schedules.

The s40/s90 extension to Amazon is a real thing and is happening August 19. We are picking for it and the time points reflect it.

8 hours ago, 161 New York said:

Side Note: Former NJT buses D4000's with Academy livery are on the x23/x24, be on the lookout for bus 1934. Front seats removed and replaced by farebox.

Are those the buses that have been running on the X23/24 that have a green sign?

10 hours ago, 161 New York said:

New SIM destination codes loaded into buses, including codes for the SIM23 and SIM24 (not operated by MTA).

Still (unbelievably and *NOT* shocking), full bus operator paddles *NOT* visible internally. We are picking, but we only see highly summarized information example

SIM1 P/O YU 13:00 ELVTC 13:05 CPS6A 14:00 SIM1 CPS6A 14:05 ELVTC 15:02 P/I YU 15:05
**SWING 15:05 P/O YU S79-SBS 15:25 MARSH 15:30 FOA86 16:30 MARSH 17:30 FOA86 18:30 MARSH 19:30 CLEAR 19:35

Obviously not a real paddle, but for illustrative purposes only.

No idea what the run time is. Unfortunately, the SIM1c start times at Central Park are eerily similar to the existing x1 schedules.

The s40/s90 extension to Amazon is a real thing and is happening August 19. We are picking for it and the time points reflect it.

If you go to Google Transit, you can put in that you want to travel between two points on the route at a specified time, and it'll give you the runtime. I used rideschedules.com and went through the schedules manually (they apparently give all SIM4 buses 15 minutes from Worth Street to Park Place, which is stupid). 

And interesting. I never saw anything mentioned in the NYCT committee packets regarding an S40/90 extension to Amazon. Hopefully the extension gets used and benefits the workers/visitors there.

@Lil 57 Yes, those buses.

@Vtrain Don't know why, but they are in there. The destination codes remain in the 7XXX-series.

@checkmatechamp13 No public hearings or anything. Odd. But we are definitely picking s40/s90 runs with AMZON as the start/end points. Giving it a glance, it looks like  most (but not all) trips start/end there but some weekday peak trips start/end at the existing terminal. All weekend trips on s40 start and end at Amazon.

4 minutes ago, Vtrain said:

If you have these readings (codes), can you post them up.

Question, could it be possible that the MTA may or will takeover these routes in 2019.

I don't have a document with all of them on and I don't have the time to write them. But they are there. Incidentally, the s40 with Amazon is not there yet. 

As for the SIM23/SIM24, I have no idea. Right now the headcount of Staten Island bus operators remains the same about 1350 bus operators so they would definitely need to hire at least 15 to 20 more people.

So I was walking along 5th Ave and every single M4 bus I saw has the "42nd Street" or "41st Street" short turn up, even though they're going to 32nd. (No 42/41 street short turns on weekdays) Guess they don't want to confuse people going to Penn Station.

Archived