More R160s and R62s to get Looped stanchions

Union Tpke

5 hours ago, CTK246 said:

$471k for some fancy shaped metal

this is enough to buy two homes in the midwest

Remember, you have to place three per IRT car and four per BMT/IND car. That, multiplied by around 1800 cars (excluding cars already running with the modifications), and you get a price of about 80-100 bucks per stanchion.

1 minute ago, VIP said:

These stanchions on the R62A’s are a waste of money. The cars are old already. They probably have 10-13 years in them left. 

10-13 years is  LONG time. It doesn't take long to install.

Also, disregard my math from earlier. The other pics Union Tpke posted hadn't leaded for me lol.

11 hours ago, bobtehpanda said:

Are these two-pole loops, or three-pole loops? Three-pole is the most effective because one person leaning cannot occupy all the stanchions.

I’m sure its the double looped ones. 

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:17 AM, CTK246 said:

$471k for some fancy shaped metal

this is enough to buy two homes in the midwest

Yeah, and it'll barely get you a cracker box here in New York, so it kind of washes out.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:18 PM, VIP said:

These stanchions on the R62A’s are a waste of money. The cars are old already. They probably have 10-13 years in them left. 

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, LTA1992 said:

10-13 years is  LONG time. It doesn't take long to install.

Also, disregard my math from earlier. The other pics Union Tpke posted hadn't leaded for me lol.

Also, that assumes the cars will be retired as originally intended. Given the fact that none of the existing or recently retired fleets have been removed from service at or around their intended time frames, it's a safe bet the 62s will be around a bit longer than the lifespan estimates.

Archived