MTA 2.0

I don't know how I feel about the double decker buses.. Wouldn't these buses cause more delay because people will usually wait until the bus stops to come downstairs and leave? Especially during rush hour. Also the fabric seats are too good for NYers. They will ruin it like they did back in the day.

19 minutes ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

I don't know how I feel about the double decker buses.. Wouldn't these buses cause more delay because people will usually wait until the bus stops to come downstairs and leave? Especially during rush hour. Also the fabric seats are too good for NYers. They will ruin it like they did back in the day.

You do realize that all the express buses in our system have those kinds of seats, rights?...

As for the delay caused by people not wanting to walk down the stairs while the bus is in motion, that isn't too big of a deal. You'd be losing at most a minute of time there at every stop.

37 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

You do realize that all the express buses in our system have those kinds of seats, rights?...

As for the delay caused by people not wanting to walk down the stairs while the bus is in motion, that isn't too big of a deal. You'd be losing at most a minute of time there at every stop.

Express buses are different, majority of NYers ride standard buses over express buses. Back in the early 2000s the RTS fleet had fabric seats and they were completely destroyed and ripped. It was horrible.

And it's already a nuisance walking from the back of the bus down the two steps to exist especially in packed lines like the B6/B82 etc, so I couldn't imagine these buses. Just my opinion. I never been in a double decker in mass transit before so I wouldn't know too much.

32 minutes ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

It was never mentioned in this post that they are express buses.. You don't have to be a douche about it

I mean, it's pretty obvious these buses are not meant for local service, especially with the fabric seats, which are only on express routes hence one pays attention to the seats. Even the three remaining ex-express RTS 9302 9307 and 9348 had their seats revamped for local service. Charleston will have it and mainly run the X17J.

4 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I mean, it's pretty obvious these buses are not meant for local service, especially with the fabric seats, which are only on express routes hence one pays attention to the seats. Even the two remaining ex-express RTS 9302 and 9348 had their seats revamped for local service. Charleston will have it and mainly run the X17J.

I remember them. They were on the ulmer park routes and I remember sitting on the bus. So comfy but I guess they used to be for express service way back in the day. The old private bus fleet had them as well. When the switch over was happening I remember the Orion Vs CNG having coach seats and that’s it. 

15 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I mean, it's pretty obvious these buses are not meant for local service, especially with the fabric seats, which are only on express routes hence one pays attention to the seats. Even the two remaining ex-express RTS 9302 and 9348 had their seats revamped for local service. Charleston will have it and mainly run the X17J.

Those were the buses that I rode back in the early 2000s. Those RTS's ran on the B4 line back when it was stationed in Ulmer Park. I was only a child back then so I, until now thought some local service RTS's had fabric seats because they didn't remove them right away.

8 hours ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

Those were the buses that I rode back in the early 2000s. Those RTS's ran on the B4 line back when it was stationed in Ulmer Park. I was only a child back then so I, until now thought some local service RTS's had fabric seats because they didn't remove them right away.

The 9300, 9400, 9500 and 9600 series local buses all had fabric seating. However, due to neglect of the riding public those were a thing of the past. 

Archived