Q47 back to regular route?

azspeedbullet

The construction project on 69st between Calamus Ave and Queens Blvd seems to be finishing up. Concrete bus pad is installed, road crews is laying down asphalt. Looks like all of the original bus stops on 69st will be reinstalled like on Garfield Ave and 49th ave.  Q47 route on Bustime shows the original route instead of the detour along Grand Ave. I guess in a few weeks, the bus shelter that used to be at Garfield Ave will be installed. Anyone have any insider info about this?. The Q47 been running this detour for about 3 years now, alot of people will now need to adjust to the new service .

20 minutes ago, azspeedbullet said:

The construction project on 69st between Calamus Ave and Queens Blvd seems to be finishing up. Concrete bus pad is installed, road crews is laying down asphalt. Looks like all of the original bus stops on 69st will be reinstalled like on Garfield Ave and 49th ave.  Q47 route on Bustime shows the original route instead of the detour along Grand Ave. I guess in a few weeks, the bus shelter that used to be at Garfield Ave will be installed. Anyone have any insider info about this?. The Q47 been running this detour for about 3 years now, alot of people will now need to adjust to the new service .

They recently took down all the bus stops on Calamus Avenue & 79 Street (about 2 weeks ago). I don't know what the deal really is anymore.

2 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

They should keep the Q47 on Grand Ave because at least it makes straightens the route out. The whole routing also in Jackson Heights above 74th and Roosevelt needs to be tweaked to make it more straight. 

It straightens the route, but that routing via Grand takes a toll on reliability, especially since the MTA added no additional runtime after the detour took effect. 

9 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

It straightens the route, but that routing via Grand takes a toll on reliability, especially since the MTA added no additional runtime after the detour took effect. 

That’s the fault of the MTA, I guess they figured they didn’t need to because it was only temporary. It seems like it’s permanent now and I hope it stays because big city buses shouldn’t be going down small residential streets in both directions. The only problem I see from a permanent Grand Ave rerouting is that residents on Calamus have to walk to the bus now.

On 4/23/2018 at 11:25 PM, azspeedbullet said:

the only thing i dont like about grand ave is traffic can be bit of the issue depending on the time of the day. it was somewhat nice back in the day when the bus went along Calamus Ave to avoid all of that traffic

What about using 57th Avenue between 72nd and 80th?

52 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

What about using 57th Avenue between 72nd and 80th?

Then people from some parts of Calamus Avenue, 80 Street, and Grand Avenue would no longer have the Q47 as an option. That area also has a higher share of elders boarding/disembarking buses, on the segment south of Roosevelt.

The purpose of using Grand Avenue is so to provide an alternative for customers using Calamus Avenue stops which would otherwise be far from just about every other bus. 

I don't care about the Grand Avenue routing (since it doesn't even stop at 69 Street, which would make such a route actually useful). I prefer the Calamus Avenue routing come back though, because it would make service more reliable. 

• 1 month later...

Archived