Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Via Garibaldi 8

Mayor demands full accounting of $418M given to MTA for its subway rescue plan

22 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

Albany would definitely retaliate; home rule is not actually enshrined in the State Constitution and is subject to change.

Stuff like this makes me think about running for the legislature, but given how Con-Con went, I doubt the entrenched interests would even let me get close to making NYS work better for all NYers.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Deucey said:

Stuff like this makes me think about running for the legislature, but given how Con-Con went, I doubt the entrenched interests would even let me get close to making NYS work better for all NYers.

I'd recommend The Power Broker - it really gets to the bottom of how Robert Moses thoroughly wrecked what little institutions we had in this state.

(That being said, find an audiobook, because it's written in old-NY-spoken voice and a thousand plus pages of that is hard to read.)

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

I'd recommend The Power Broker - it really gets to the bottom of how Robert Moses thoroughly wrecked what little institutions we had in this state.

(That being said, find an audiobook, because it's written in old-NY-spoken voice and a thousand plus pages of that is hard to read.)

Written just like anything William F Buckley and William Safire had published, eh - vulgar aristocratic Londonese?