Double decker X17J MTA bus to run to Midtown this week

2 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

I always see on the X17J map for MTA bus time, that the dubble Decker is always sandwiched in between 2 standard X17J buses, I wonder why?

In the  PM rush hour, that's normal for the X17s to be together.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, jolusoji said:

How can I catch the Double decker bus in the morning/evening ? I planning on riding on it for next week.I be coming from the South Bronx.

It went back 3 weeks ago...

If the D45 CRT LE demo enters service soon then you may be in time for that..

9 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

It went back 3 weeks ago...

If the D45 CRT LE demo enters service soon then you may be in time for that..

That will be Awesome to catch it then. If it is in service what express routes  are going to see it?

3 minutes ago, jolusoji said:

That will be Awesome to catch it then. If it is in service what express routes  are going to see it?

It will run out of Ulmer Park first, then it will go to the following depots: Yukon, Yonkers, Eastchester and Baisley Park.

15 hours ago, jolusoji said:

Ulmer: X27, X28, X37, X38

Yukon: X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X7, X8, X9

Yonkers: BxM1, BxM2, BxM3, BxM4, BxM11, BxM18

Eastchester: BxM6, BxM7, BxM8, BxM9, BxM10

Baisley Park: QM4, QM21, QM44

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 9:27 PM, aemoreira81 said:

If this wins an MTA order, what are the odds that Coach USA (and Trentway-Wagar in Canada), Greyhound, DATTCO, or Academy, or maybe all 4 or some combination thereof, tag(s) on to the order? An MTA order would make the maintenance network increase significantly, and Alexander Dennis and Coach USA/Canada share the same owner. All of the private company owners could up-gauge their Northeast line runs.

It may have been noted before, but this has to be solely the idea of someone from the UK where this is commonplace. The route redesign could in the future have Turnpike service full time.

Stagecoach will stick to Van Hool 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived