SBS B82 just undoable

mrbrklyn

1 hour ago, mrbrklyn said:

And you see this picture the MTA likes to publish in order to lie to the public:

[photo removed]

I cannot trust your argument in good faith when you blatantly lie like this. The MTA did not publish this photo and there are at least tens if not hundreds of similar photos taken by multiple different transportation experts and professionals who study this as their job. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, mrbrklyn said:

Oh yes 32,000 daily riders. Non-existent...thin as air. I can stretch and breathe easier. Who needs the B82 right?

11 minutes ago, RTSTdrive said:

Oh yes 32,000 daily riders. Non-existent...thin as air. I can stretch and breathe easier. Who needs the B82 right? 

No one is going to hand spoonfeed this entire thread for you until you understand the points that were made.  Go back and read it again and come back with your observations when you undestand the point.  I'll help you a little.  32,000 rides daily is not a correct estimate from their data and it doesn't represent the likely ridership for the SBS B82.

40 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I cannot trust your argument in good faith when you blatantly lie like this. T

Them are very strong trollin words my friend.   How much money do you want to put on it ...

51 minutes ago, mrbrklyn said:

This is exactly what what I was talking about. The B82 has higher ridership stats than MOST of those buses listed on those stats you posted. THIS, is why I mentioned nearly half of All current bus routes in NYC.  And that track map is irrelevant. Just because something is official doesn't mean that it's permanent. 

Like me and many others said. B82 ridership warrants SBS. I may not have witnessed what goes on at the B82, bit other people have. If they say that B82 should be SBS, then they know what they're talking about. Also, I never stepped off topic in the first place. 

NOW STOP BEING IGNORANT AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THERE IS WARRANTY FOR MAKING B82 SBS.

I read enough of this thread for today, and i won't even bother commenting on this.. I'd rather wait until the (MTA) does anything in regards to the B82SBS

Yes- controversial. However, 1/2 of the foundation is already laid down for the route.

PS: MODS. Please monitor this and possibly close this.. We already have a select bus service discussion on the board already.

Being a bus driver gives you no extra credibility in this discussion.  I take that bus every day and my numbers come directly from the MTA's metrocard swipes, not made up by a bus operator on the route.  Now granted, the MTA has limited credibility as well, by I think I trust them enough to get a rough approximate number of B82 swipes along the route, and to count to 8% when they do a survey.  Those are the 2017 weekday calculations from their own reports.

and who exactly made you God/Allah/Buddha/H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I to discredit my (or any current or former bus operator that worked out of East NY Depot) opinion based on my current employment, having witnessed firsthand how and in what ways people utilize the line, regardless of how many people strictly swipe to enter the system. in what way have i "made up" or fabricated anything pertaining to the B82? you know what? believe what you will, and trust transit if you must. swipes/dips of the card aren't indicative of what happens on the road, day in & day out. and for the record, I wasn't seeking your validation by stating my employment status. a common misconception,but yes, there is some form of credibility you have when you are an employee of a organization, believe it or not. I'll take the word of a bronx zoo employee that handles and cares for the animals on a day to day basis, as opposed to a frequent/daily visitor of the zoo, or so called official press releases from the zoo that can be fabricated based on any agenda. i have no agenda to prove transit right or wrong. my agenda is to my job, which i have done well for a decade, and to speak the truth as i see it. 

1 minute ago, LGA Link N train said:

This is exactly what what I was talking about. The B82 has higher ridership stats than MOST of those buses listed on those stats you posted. THIS, is why I mentioned nearly half of All current bus routes in NYC.  And that track map is irrelevant. Just because something is official doesn't mean that it's permanent. 

Like me and many others said. B82 ridership warrants SBS. I may not have witnessed what goes on at the B82, bit other people have. If they say that B82 should be SBS, then they know what they're talking about. Also, I never stepped off topic in the first place. 

NOW STOP BEING IGNORANT AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THERE IS WARRANTY FOR MAKING B82 SBS.

Oh nonsense friend. By all means, it's clear throughout this entire thread that he means that the B82 (and by extension the bus system as a whole) needs to be thrown into the basura in it's entirety and that the little benefits of SBS treatment won't outweigh the costs. If so little people rely on the local and limited, why bother even running it?

57 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I cannot trust your argument in good faith when you blatantly lie like this. The MTA did not publish this photo and there are at least tens if not hundreds of similar photos taken by multiple different transportation experts and professionals who study this as their job. 

http://www.nyc.gov/html/brt/downloads/pdf/brt-south-brooklyn-b82-mar2018.pdf

this is not an MTA publication?

Regardless, this forum is a small microcosm of the universe.  I mean - you realize that you don't represent the norm here, right?  It is a special interest group

i had to quote this before this thread gets locked (hopefully) a special interest group... really? I'd love to know when that happened. 

9 minutes ago, LGA Link N train said:

This is exactly what what I was talking about. The B82 has higher ridership stats than MOST of those buses listed on those stats you posted

I think it has the 15th largest ridership for the entire line at about 27 thousand riders.  By that measure it is a large route.  In terms of the SBS though, it is not.  First of all, the number itself is a function of the length of the route.  It is a very long route, nearly end to end accross the borough which is a problem in of itself.  Of those numbers only 1/3 of them are limited riders, so a 1/3 of 27,000 is about 9 thousand users. 

Those are the riders who might be eligibable to benefit from an SBS asuming it wasn't going to be routed onto Kings Highway.

Furthmore, the MTA did a survey and discovered that only 8% of the population that does business or pleasure on Kings Highway from W10th street to Ocean Avenue, and that is an insane stretch to measure in this context, arrived by any bus... not just the B82.

That means that 92% of the population along the district does not use any bus.  So to distube and ruin the lives of 92% of the people for the needs of much less than 8% is stupid.  It is, it is selfish and stupid.

Furthermore, most of the risership is between Utica Avenue and Rockaway Parkway.  So the rational thing to do is divide the bus in half as it was originally designed as the B50... do not plow through Kings Highway between Ocean Avenue and Mcdonond Avenue, and turn the bus back around to Canarsie where it is needed by a population that doesn't have adequate accesses to the subway.  You can terminate at 16th and Quentin and turn around up Avenue R onto Flatlands Avenue and straight to Canarsie.

28 minutes ago, mrbrklyn said:

only 8% of the population that does business or pleasure on Kings Highway from W10th street to Ocean Avenue, and that is an insane stretch to measure in this context, arrived by any bus... not just the B82.

That means that 92% of the population along the district does not use any bus

The quote speaks for itself.

5 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

The B82 sbs has got to be one of the most controversial the MTA has done as of yet. Lol this thread has been an event. 

The result of the NYCDOT wanting to do its own thing without getting real consultation from  the community...and the Midwood concerns are very legitimate. I am very okay with making portions of Kings Highway one-way, except for the portion between East 13 and East 16 Streets. As for deliveries, I'd also add that maybe the curb lane of a one-way Kings Highway could be for deliveries between 10 AM and 12 PM.

Also, Kings Highway was never intended to be on the map after the 1930s; it was supposed to be de-mapped.

32 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

The result of the NYCDOT wanting to do its own thing without getting real consultation from  the community...and the Midwood concerns are very legitimate. I am very okay with making portions of Kings Highway one-way,

100% it was supposed to be demapped and was never designed for its current use.  It is just always going to be a tough ride through and there is nothing you can do about it.  to take a minoirty of the users and make them a priority is just wrong.  The community should take presidence and the Avenue P by pass should be used for what it was designed for, through traffic.

You can't make it one way though.  It is the designated truck route.  If the DOT wanted to correct something, they would drop Avenue P 6 more inches and make it the throughway for trucks.  They should also open up Flatlands Avenue East of Flatbush so that it is no longer a private driveway for that church.  Then the bus could make a simple route through flatlands, to Avenue N and onto Kings Highway and continue down Ave P to Stillwell Avenue, Bay Ridge Parkway, 7th Avnue Bay Ridge Parkway and either over the Verazono or connect with the SI buses.  Everything connects to Coney Island.  That is low hanging fruit.  Getting from Canarsie to SI, now that is a bear and a SBS lmt could be justified for that.  As long as they stay off of 86th street, they are fine

http://www.brooklyn-living.com/b82_sbs_opposition.html#const

These are the various constituencies that have urgent needs and usage of the Kings Highway Business District

• Local Residents
  • The Trucking and Transport industry
  • NYC Official Commerical Truck Route Map showing Kings Highway as a mandated local route
  • The Cab and Limousine Businesses
  • Subway Commuters
  • Retail Business
  • Pedestrians
  • Schools, Yeshivot and School Buses
  • The Fire Department
  • Automobile Drivers
  • Bus Riders traveling from Canarsie to Coney Island

In regards to bus riders travelling from Canarsie to Coney Island... people really do that? I live in Canarsie and went to Coney Island beach a couple of days ago, and whenever I go to CI I always take the 82 to the (Q) for CI... I never take the bus all the way there. 

17 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

In regards to bus riders travelling from Canarsie to Coney Island... people really do that? I live in Canarsie and went to Coney Island beach a couple of days ago, and whenever I go to CI I always take the 82 to the (Q) for CI... I never take the bus all the way there. 

The route is basically a more southern version of the B6, which I suspect could be the next to get SBS in a way that it could be interlined with the B82.

56 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

The route is basically a more southern version of the B6, which I suspect could be the next to get SBS in a way that it could be interlined with the B82.

No need for interlining on such a frequent, busy route. The whole point of interlining is to minimize excess layover time. With the frequencies the B6 runs on, there's no issue finding another trip to send it back on when necessary.

Don’t know where these number come from but most of us don’t take the 82 to CI. The southern part gets its service from the Q not Canarsie. Going east is a little busier because people that don’t wanna take train threw Broadway junction from CI. I know for a fact this SBS is overkill for this route which barley sees riders after rush hour. Most people on Flatlands Pefer the B6 over the B82 90% of the time because it’s slow. the B17/B103 takes the other half of Canarsie only starrett really need the B82.

12 hours ago, RTSTdrive said:

Oh yes 32,000 daily riders. Non-existent..

They aren't at Kings Highway.  I guess you missed that, because it was said in plain english on the MTA s slides.

Archived