Failed Pre-Employment Drug Test

ace1228

I recently took a Pre-Employment Drug Test for the MTA Train Conductor position. My urine came back positive for Marijuana. Therefore I received a “Verified Positive” result. I have now received another letter in the mail with a list of Substance Abuse Programs. Does anyone know if I am already disqualified from being able to obtain the position or do I still have a chance of I complete the substance abuse program ?

• 2 weeks later...

8 minutes ago, RolandBishop said:

Hey I’m in the same boat I’m waiting for the list of SAPs. Did you go through with the program ?

Yeah bro I’m in the process of beginning the progrom. I went to Ellyn Kravette & she costed $350 to meet with her. She referred me to another program & I have an appointment Friday at 1PM with the “Bridge back to life” program.

4 hours ago, RolandBishop said:

Also lady I’m going to soon said she seen after the program and she told Transit that they’ve called them back

Which lady did you choose ? Basically after you complete the program you go to, you have to meet with that lady again & she’ll let the MTA know you’re fit to work. From there idk how long the MTA will take to get back at you....

10 hours ago, RolandBishop said:

I chose Lorraine, I think that’s her name he one that’s in south ozone park, and yea she said that too.

She’s not located in Ozone Park anymore tho...When I called she told me her office had moved. & what’s her fee to come see her ???

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RolandBishop said:

Finished this course she referred me to now she’s going to email transit now and I just have to wait for their call back to start the process over. What about you bro ?

Damn I’m still doing this program Bullshit..I have one more session left. How’d you finish so quick ?  What did she refer you to do ?

1 minute ago, RolandBishop said:

She referred me to an online drug and alcohol course. 12 hours so I just did some the sections day by day

Good Luck bro...Keep me posted with anything new 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 5:25 PM, ace1228 said:

I recently took a Pre-Employment Drug Test for the MTA Train Conductor position. My urine came back positive for Marijuana. Therefore I received a “Verified Positive” result. I have now received another letter in the mail with a list of Substance Abuse Programs. Does anyone know if I am already disqualified from being able to obtain the position or do I still have a chance of I complete the substance abuse program ?

On page 2 of 5 of the Notice of Examination (NOE) for MTA NYCT Conductor Exam No. 6601, the "Drug Screening Requirement" states that you must pass a drug screening in order to be eligible for appointment. That's it I'm afraid.