Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
mfs NJT459

Rockland County threatens to leave MTA over NJT's planned cancelled Pascack Valley Line trains

18 minutes ago, mfs NJT459 said:

IIRC doesn't the MTA help subsidize the TZX? If that were to happen, not only would Rockland rail service be reduced, but also getting to the Metro-North across the Hudson would be tedious (if Rockland doesn't boost its subsidies). 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

15 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

IIRC doesn't the MTA help subsidize the TZX? If that were to happen, not only would Rockland rail service be reduced, but also getting to the Metro-North across the Hudson would be tedious (if Rockland doesn't boost its subsidies). 

Yeah, MTA funding is what bolstered Rockland County in having (added) Saturday service & Sunday service (period) on the TZX....

On 5/17/2018 at 9:37 AM, N6 Limited said:

The Tappan-Zee still has provisions for rail service right?

I'm pretty sure it's just BRT ready.

Realistically speaking I doubt either Rockland or Orange counties will ever be dense enough to support a brand new rail line.

Normally, I’d just say to screw the counties that want to withdraw, but there does need some accountability for the length of time it takes to install positive train control. A decade is way too long.