Coming in November 2018..... Additional service on the A, D, E and F

Union Tpke

This is very good. Now they need to add more E service between 1 and 3 PM.

27327866197_010b67a60d_b.jpgScreen Shot 2018-05-18 at 6.32.40 PM by Union Turnpike, on Flickr

42198921491_97250c99c0_b.jpgScreen Shot 2018-05-18 at 6.33.14 PM by Union Turnpike, on Flickr

27327866387_406fde773f_b.jpgScreen Shot 2018-05-18 at 6.33.24 PM by Union Turnpike, on Flickr

27327866557_e1698b0e93_b.jpgScreen Shot 2018-05-18 at 6.33.48 PM by Union Turnpike, on Flickr

Great, more weekday service on the (F). Now give us more than 5tph on weekends, please. As a Culver rider, the idea that the agency is about to shaft us -- along with those at single-line (E) and (R) stops, the former of which will be extremely important to the (L) shutdown -- with such service levels all because they aren't creative enough to rearrange weekend QB service to only have 2 lines on the corridor beyond Queens Plaza makes my blood boil. 

14 minutes ago, RR503 said:

Great, more weekday service on the (F). Now give us more than 5tph on weekends, please. As a Culver rider, the idea that the agency is about to shaft us -- along with those at single-line (E) and (R) stops, the former of which will be extremely important to the (L) shutdown -- with such service levels all because they aren't creative enough to rearrange weekend QB service to only have 2 lines on the corridor beyond Queens Plaza makes my blood boil. 

Don't count on it, as long as CBTC is being equipped on Queens Boulevard, those headways will remain. That, and the (MTA) in general does not like to be creative (in the good type of way). 

2 hours ago, RR503 said:

with such service levels all because they aren't creative enough to rearrange weekend QB service to only have 2 lines on the corridor beyond Queens Plaza makes my blood boil

Exactly, the (E) and (F) are sufficient during weekend trackwork. The (R) just adds to congestion/delays.

It’s good that (E) service is being added in the late morning because sometimes once a train leaves Jamaica there has been times where it’s taken 8 to 10 minutes for another train to arrive and then another few minutes to leave.

This should be fantastic for Concourse line (D) users like me. Those ridiculous 20-minutes waits for uptown trains is absolutely disgraceful, especially if you're trying to just get from Bedford Park Blvd to 205th Street. Is it unreasonable to request that the rush hour peak express <D> be extended from its brief 4PM-7PM slot to a 4PM-8PM? Those rush hour crowds don't magically disappear after 7pm, you know.

The (A) still needs more shoulder service southbound (9-10am and 3-4pm) and the (D) still needs its peak trip that was cut a couple of years ago to be reinstated but it's a step in the right direction for sure.

21 hours ago, RR503 said:

Wait till people find out they're cutting 2 tph on the (R) line during rush hour to make room for those extra (M) trains on QBL during the aforementioned (L) shutdown.

IF they're smart they'll reroute those 2 tph up 2nd Avenue and not screw over everybody but I'm not holding my breath.

On 5/19/2018 at 3:16 AM, N6 Limited said:

Exactly, the (E) and (F) are sufficient during weekend trackwork. The (R) just adds to congestion/delays.

The R coexists just fine if you send it to 179. They'll do that some times, and check out these rhymes. 

20 hours ago, paulrivera said:

The (A) still needs more shoulder service southbound (9-10am and 3-4pm) and the (D) still needs its peak trip that was cut a couple of years ago to be reinstated but it's a step in the right direction for sure.

Wait till people find out they're cutting 2 tph on the (R) line during rush hour to make room for those extra (M) trains on QBL during the aforementioned (L) shutdown.

IF they're smart they'll reroute those 2 tph up 2nd Avenue and not screw over everybody but I'm not holding my breath.

I still don't understand why they have to cut two R's per hour. Terminal capacity perhaps - but again - extend the overflow to 179. There's so much extra space on QB Local. Maybe like during 7-8 they should cut out some trains. but most of the rush both the M and the R are running on 8 minute headways... I know these things, I have a countdown clock in my room. 

On 5/19/2018 at 10:02 PM, paulrivera said:

OH HELL NO! The (R) is terrible enough in rush hour and as a Bay Ridgeite, they better send those trips up to 2nd Av or fill the gaps with (W) trains to 95th, cause the status quo down here isn't enough as is, and two less trains would be even worse...

7 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

OH HELL NO! The (R) is terrible enough in rush hour and as a Bay Ridgeite, they better send those trips up to 2nd Av or fill the gaps with (W) trains to 95th, cause the status quo down here isn't enough as is, and two less trains would be even worse...

Perhaps itd be good to send those 2 (R) trains up Astoria and maybe send 2 (N) trains up SAS to avoid the merging delay. 

It's just funny to me when there's talk of adding more trains for an (F) express...all you hear is that  their's not enough room along QBL with the (E) there's not enough cars for such service or ridership doesnt warrent....Now there's talk of increase (E) (F) service..And decrease of the (R) service....Go figure:blink:

13 hours ago, LGA Link N train said:

Perhaps itd be good to send those 2 (R) trains up Astoria and maybe send 2 (N) trains up SAS to avoid the merging delay. 

Musical chairs with the lifeblood of NY’s economy… excellent!

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:07 PM, biGC323232 said:

It's just funny to me when there's talk of adding more trains for an (F) express...all you hear is that  their's not enough room along QBL with the (E) there's not enough cars for such service or ridership doesnt warrent....Now there's talk of increase (E) (F) service..And decrease of the (R) service....Go figure:blink:

They aren't wrong. Note that most of these service increases are happening outside of the rush hours, thus having no overall impact on the service limits due to space or a lack of available cars.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 7:07 PM, biGC323232 said:

As a QBL rider, it's also funny to see talk of the QBL being at capacity and that there is no room whatsoever for additional riders. The express trains are stuffed for maybe 2 hours out of the day.

2 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

As a QBL rider, it's also funny to see talk of the QBL being at capacity and that there is no room whatsoever for additional riders. The express trains are stuffed for maybe 2 hours out of the day.

But see, those two hours are when the plurality of people wish to travel. Yes, there is more capacity in the off-peak, but at the days' critical points -- those rush hours you talk about -- there simply is none. This is one of the many reasons why the RBB is unrebuildable. 

23 minutes ago, RR503 said:

But see, those two hours are when the plurality of people wish to travel. Yes, there is more capacity in the off-peak, but at the days' critical points -- those rush hours you talk about -- there simply is none. This is one of the many reasons why the RBB is unrebuildable. 

People have different travel and work patterns, basing all decisions off of 90 minutes of full trains, is kind of silly. A lot of those riders are transferring from the (7) also. People will work it out. The MTA would like to keep the trains and buses full for as long as possible to make them more efficient and try to increase revenue.

Archived