Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
BreeddekalbL

NJ Transit Passenger Films Bus Driver Counting Cash Behind the Wheel

Uh, passengers SHOULD snitch on stupid shit like this, especially when drivers should be paying attention to the road. No amount of change is worth a dead passenger. Or a dead bus operator. What would have happened if the bus operator died because he neglected to pay attention? What then?

That's also a very Mafioso attitude you have. What's next, they gotta sleep with the fishes for ratting someone out? That's thug behavior, no matter who does it.

I know that criticism of bus operators on a transit forum ain't popular, but if there's a time in which it is valid, it's here. Pay attention to the f**king road.

And if management encourages this sort of thing, then man the f**k up and tell the pencil pushers to stop encouraging it.

Lmao mafiaso behavior, I think it is ridiculous snitching on a driver doing something part of the job, if it was a cell phone while driving I can see.

1 hour ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Why does NJT still use this antiquated system where people are paying cash??

They were, at one point, working on a different type of payment(outside of the app/mobile ticketing).....until Christie came into office.

• LMAO! 2

4 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Why does NJT still use this antiquated system where people are paying cash??

I forgot where (Might have been the news) but I heard NJT hired a contractor to come up with a new fare system.

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2018 at 1:22 AM, BreeddekalbL said:

Lmao mafiaso behavior, I think it is ridiculous snitching on a driver doing something part of the job, if it was a cell phone while driving I can see.

Except it should be done while at a stop....not while in motion.

Make all the lines exact fare and be done with it.

I would've recommended a tap card system but I have no idea how the heck that would work with all the different fare zones a typical interstate NJT route has...

Banning cash outright isn't practical either because not everyone has access to tickets or phones.

Edited by paulrivera

On 5/31/2018 at 12:18 AM, paulrivera said:

I would've recommended a tap card system but I have no idea how the heck that would work with all the different fare zones a typical interstate NJT route has...

Banning cash outright isn't practical either because not everyone has access to tickets or phones.

Should Reform the Bus Fare Structure

Buses to New York should be a flat rate

and buses  to newark and jersey city a flat local fare

16 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Should Reform the Bus Fare Structure

Buses to New York( philly and N jersey to south Jersey) should be a flat rate express fare

and buses  to newark and jersey city a flat local fare

I also forgot to add (in parentheses)

On 5/31/2018 at 12:18 AM, paulrivera said:

Easy just like Presto used on GO Transit in Ontario Canada you tap on and you tap off charges by zone.